1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

It will be for someone you wouldn't expect. I don't even know what to expect.

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Mediocrity continues so no worries guys :( this team just won't go anywhere unless everyone steps there game up.

3. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

We need to find a way to pry Marshon Brooks from the Nets..the kid will be a star.

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

now that orlando is desperate to trade dwight since he will wait it out and go to the nets

magic out: dwight jameer turk
    magic in: bynum, 1st rounder, and on of their rookie pointguards, hasheem, and dragon 09ers

lakers out: bynum and rookies, pick, gasol
    lakers in: scola, jameer, dwight,

Houston out: 09ers, dragon, scola
    houston in: gasol

perhaps + - some parts but orlando has to get something and im betting they'll take bynum and some projects

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

42.5 hours and counting.....

Please god, please....

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fixed.

If you want Him to listen, show some respect! :cool:

2 people like this.
  7. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Fixed.

Show some respect. :grin:

8. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Repped.

9. amaru

amaru Member

WOW.....nice shot I guess Flynn

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Awesome...so now the plan is let all these acquired "assets" expire, jettison a couple more so we can over pay a FA to come play with us?

11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Makes a lot of sense. Beasley could be part of the deal too. I could see them doing both this and the Okafor deal. But that's too predictable.

12. ROXTXIA

Niiiiiiiice. ;)

13. ROXTXIA

How else will we get anyone to play here?

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

by tomorrow theres probly gonna be a thread thats says "_______ has been traded to the houston rockets for ________

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

We trade Scola and Dalembert to the Nets for Brook Lopez and our own draft pick to go along with other fillers(ex: Humphries).

16. Dream Shake 81

Scenario 1:
    We make no trades because- nobody cares about anyone on our team besides Lowry. We get rid of 09'ers for 2nd round picks.

Scenario 2: We say F it and trade Lowry and Scola for Gasol

Scenario 3: Kmart, Scola, and Dragic for Jsmith and fillers

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

we would do these only if we knew for certain lowry will be back to full health by the playoffs ...

First Trade dragic/scola for gasol .... the way Goran has been playing lately i think the lakers have to at least consider this ... no way they are winning anything as currently built and pressure is on ... i dont really put any merit into media speculation about what the lakers do and dont do ( ie deals involving rondo and lowry etc ) so im basing this only off my own opinion. ... I still think that this is a good trade for both sides

Next up we rent dwight .. LOL

OK so its clear that unless we are NJ that dwight is a rental and we are gonna have to try to convince him to stay. Thats cool with me ... plus with howard and pau we are contenders this year ...

Now i would like to keep lowry ... and i think the offer has enough to it without lowry in it... when you look at all the other deals on the table for howard ( esp with GS out of it ) i think ours might be the best .... we can offer tons of salary relief plus a prospect or two...

So http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6n5vtrp

also we could add twill or flynn ... we need to keep one of them to run point while lowry is out ... Also to actually ad something of value to the deal besides salary relief ( only non expiring is martin ... who will be next year ) Throw in NYK pick/ Llull / Motie / HOU 2014 1st ... something like that .. or just a combination of a few of em..... No other team can offer as much salary relief as us and still add players like morris and donuts to the deal ...

SO basically you are looking at

Lowry/Ish ( flynn traded .. he actually is on a bigger contract than t-will )
    Lee/ Twill
    Parsons/ Bud
    Gasol/ PAt
    Howard/ Smith

I mean it completely unlikely but ... it makes sense in a way ... i say at least worth a shot to ask on both ends .

My for real prediction is that we end up doing nothing... morey like making moves but he wont unless a good one comes up and we wont get a good offer

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I say we end up with 2 out of the 3 of Josh Smith, Gasol, and Kaman.

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

Sorry. I don't think Josh Smith is going anywhere:(

"The likelihood of us trading Josh at the trade deadline is as close to zero as you can get," Bruce Levenson told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...awks-co-owner-dispels-josh-smith-trade-rumors

20. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

I would be very happy if Andre Iguodala or Danny Granger has a Rockets Logo on their shirt. We really need a big heart to end the game.