1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 12, 2012.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, and watch Deron Williams in New Jersey.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Would be interesting to see whether NJ panic-trades Deron if Dwight signs on for another year in Orlando.

On the other hand, if the main motivation for getting Deron would be to attract Dwight, and Dwight is not available for another year, perhaps the Rockets wouldn't want Deron as badly (though he is obviously an excellent player) and would prefer to keep gathering assets and maintain cap flexibility for a trade in 2013 either at the deadline or in the offseason (when Dwight Howard and Chris Paul both might become FAs).

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I figure we would go hard after D-Will if Lowry is also headed out in a trade for a non-PG: i.e. Gasol.

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

They almost have to. Can they afford to go to a new Brooklyn arena with absolutely nothing?

5. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

I just don't see Gasol being a Laker for 9 more hours. Lakers are not going anywhere with their current PG/SF lineup.

I really think Gasol will be a Rocket very soon, and who knows who's going to the Lakers besides Lowry/Dragic. Hopefully we don't overpay. We cannot give them Scola! Fill the gap with fillers. If they demand Scola; allow them to look elsewhere to fill their gaps.

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Try the espn trade machine and see what would work o match salaries with a Gasol trade. Has to be no 3rd team involved.

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Trade proposed by Tim Bontemps of the NY Post on Twitter:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6mdulca

https://twitter.com/#!/TimBontemps

Tim Bontemps ‏ @TimBontemps Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    That trade would also include at least one of LA's firs rounders and the Knicks first rounder Houston owns.

Nets would get quality young PG in Dragic, soon to be huge expiring Martin contract, solid SF in Parsons and potentially 5 2012 1sts.

Meant they would potentially have as many as five first round picks. That could be huge in a loaded draft class.

The thing # Nets fans have to remember is the team is going into new building. Can't risk being one of league's worst teams in 2012-13

That's why if - and it's a huge if - Dwight opts-in, either D-Will has to agree also or they have to move him by 3 p.m. No other choice.

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Today's a glorious day for hoops fans w/ March Madness and the trade deadline.

Here's to hoping K-Mart's no longer a Rocket come 2PM.

9. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

*CLING*

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Why not just send that package for D-Will and keep him, then send Lowry + Scola for Gasol?

Bontemps is thinking from a New Jersey/LA perspective. From where I'm standing this has no need to be a three team deal.

11. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Member

if dwight stays nets would be idiots not to trade deron williams so maby we can do another three way deal to aquire pau gasol

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If we end up with both DWill and Gasol today, Morey will be called up to the top of Mount Olympus.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You won't have to worry about that happening.

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I would also like to see Anthony Randolph in a Rocket jersey. I know I'm in the minority, but I still think he can be special If given the opportunity.

Chase Budinger for Anthony Randolph

Give me Evan Turner and Anthony Randolph and I'm happy... :grin:

15. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

16. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I really wan't something big to happen, but i REALLY want to keep Parsons.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

You're not alone, I like Randolph a lot. No PT for him at all though, and he's an RFA after this season. If we have to send out Pat, Scola out without getting a big man back for whatever reason I'm all for picking up Randolph. Need to be able to give him at least 20 minutes a game if so.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Exactly. I would love to see

SG. Evan Turner - 23
    SF. Chandler Parsons - 23
    PF. Anthony Randolph - 22

Players I can grow old with... :grin:

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

he would be a nice peace I would like to see what Mchale could do with him!

I think we should trade martin to Minnesota Beasley goes to LA Dragic goes to LA and we get Gasol!!

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

The other thing to consider is, Motiejunas is coming over next year. We are actually going to have a glut of PFs, especially if that's the position Morris winds up playing. I wouldn't mind clearing out both Scola and Pat honestly. I've never been convinced Pat has all-star upside anyway, he seems like he can be a solid starter like Scola, but that's about it.