1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade deadline: make a move or stand pat?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Jan 13, 2013.

1. TopChef

TopChef Member

Iguodala would be great, but who's to say he will come here as a FA?

Deng is younger, has more length, hits threes at a better rate, and scores more. Deng scored 33 against the Knicks Friday.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Screw that. Only 23year old guys that might worth keeping

Harden, Parsons, Lin and Parsons and Lin can absolutely be traded for the right price

For all I care
    Harden and a bunch of 27 year olds are still not an old team

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yeah, 27 too old. People here are a bunch of pedophiles when it comes to players.

4. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

would only want to keep harden parsons asik delfino. But the latter three can be made vaialable in trades for a legit star that can work with harden and build with. Otherwise, all others should be traded for upgrades.

In the end, i dont see much happening.

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

There are several good free agents this year that the Rockets have a good chance of signing for a good deal.

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

If we were Grizzlies fans, would we be..... Pedo Bears???

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you can get two borderliners like Big Al and Milsap/Landry
    without losing Lin besides Harden that would be great

8. TopChef

TopChef Member

Carl. Taj is a great player. But they will not trade him.

They passed on Asik so they could pay Taj and they are relying on Taj to take over when Boozer comes off the books. Pairing Asik with Taj is great because Taj has such freakishly long arms the defense is hard to penetrate on.

I think what it comes down to is what kind of team we want to commit to. A slow down defensive team would mean Asik plus someone like Taj Gibson and then you could trade Lin.

An up pace team would not want a F like Taj since he has limited 3pt range. In this scenario I think we trade Asik and move Parsons to the 4.

The good thing is that Harden works with any system we commit to, but I cannot overemphasize the need to find the right fit for our team. We can't just pick 5 guys who have a high PER and put them on the floor like the Lakers! LoL

9. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Actually Deng is only a year younger and their is not much difference in their career three point shooting percentage. Plus, it's more realistic to try to sign A.I. than to try to get Chicago to trade Deng. They would probably want to trade Boozer befor they would trade Deng.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Not enough upgrade to trade Parsons for Deng. Deng is still better but Parsons is 4 years younger and improving. Deng's 14 million dollar price tag would make signing a top free agent prohibitive and although I would love to have Deng on the team, he does not make us a contender.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Deng is damn good...

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Deng over Parsons any day

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody said otherwise... it's Parsons ridiculously meager contract> Deng's contract

14. TopChef

TopChef Member

Giving up Parsons for Deng would still leave us with a hole at PF. But if you believe T. Jones/Montejunas can become something that may not be a bad scenario.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah...TJones and Moti are still away from top production maybe 2 years

Bigs usually come around in their 3rd year, there are exceptions

16. crash5179

Personally I would love to have Eric Bledsoe and pare him with Harden as I think they would play well off each other plus Bledsoe is a good 3pt shooter. The problem is that I can't think of a single reason that LAC would trade him. Their cap situation is very good even after they resign Chris Paul to a max deal they will very likely be farther under the cap than they are this season which is below the luxery tax threshold. All of their core players will be locked up for years once CP3 is taken care of.

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Never know what type of offensive player Deng could be since he plays in that slow down Chicago offense. On this Rockets team he would probably earn every penny of that $14 million and plus he's a lock down defender. I think him and Andre Iguodala or on the same level.

18. crash5179

How about:

November 21, 2012?

or

December 25, 2012

You say you would take Deng over Parsons any day... but how about those two days?

19. TopChef

TopChef Member

1) They cannot trade Boozer to anyone unless they want to package someone like D. Rose or Noah into the deal:p
    They will trade Deng because he actually has value to other teams and they actually discussed it this year.

2) I like A.I. but I think Deng is a step above. He will score 30 plus points a lot of times through the season. Deng's 3% is down this year but I think this is due to having Heinrich as the main guy penetrating instead of Rose.

The last 5 years 3 point %

Deng:
    08-09: .400
    09-10: .386
    10-11: .345
    11-12: .367
    12-13: .326

Iguodola:
    08-09: .307
    09-10: .310
    10-11: .337
    11-12: .394
    12-13: .329

20. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I never said A.I. was better. Just don't think the Rockets can trade for Deng. Not enough trade assets.