1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Trade] Conley to Utah for Crowder, Korver and Grayson Allen

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Their biggest problem was the lack of shooting, now they don't have it. It's true they got overhyped last season since the team was literally the same of the previous season, but swapping Rubio with Conley is just bigger than losing Crowder. Korver meh, he's washed anyway.

As for the depth sure, they need to find some servicable players, so do the Rockets cause our bench as today is literally Nene, Hartenstein and Clark.

2. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

They said the same thing last year. And Rockets did the same thing to them. Adding a playmaker to a hesitant star player and a center that can easily be frustrated with zero shooting from the outside does not make me nervous at all. They start adding knock down shooters then maybe.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rockets and utah were supposed to be in different tiers. theres a difference. utah was never considered a true ship contender. houston was though. they'll definitely be more of a problem this year though with the juggernaut going down for a year

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed! Perfect trade for Utah. Really puts the pressure on the Rockets to make improvements.

If you stand still....you fall behind.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Perfect way to put it. Houston HAS to do something now. If they lose Rivers and add can't add a player that is equal or better to him.. Yikes

6. what

what Member

I'm pretty depressed right now I never wanted Mike Conley to be traded. The grizzlies boards are completely height over ja Morant but I just don't care for that guy that much. But it is what it is I made peace with it.

7. what

what Member

If the grizzlies would have got a little luck they would have definitely beat the warriors in 2014. But the new management coming in just wasn't going to have a team that they inherited without tinkering with it.
    I'm just glad that grit-and-grind is something that everybody remembers is something that we can be proud of in Memphis.

8. what

what Member

I'll remember grit-and-grind like I remember love ya blue

J Sizzle and daywalker02 like this.
  9. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

10. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I always wondered why Conley apparently refused to get traded to Utah around the last deadline and suddenly decided he was ok with it a couple of months after...maybe he just accepted there wasn't another way if not ending up in Salt Lake City but he's just playing like trash to get traded lol.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe he playing like Uncle Bens to groom Spidaman.