1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Cato while we still have a chance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm not one of those posters who think that we have to trade away half our team to improve. I could care less about Langhi, Collier, or Torres, and I could even be convinced to trade Moochie, but as far as I'm concerned, I want to leave the rest of the team as is ... with one 6'11'' exception.

I just don't think Cato is our future at the 5. The guy is going to be 28 next year and he can only play 22 minutes a game without gasping for air every second. If the guy hasn't found his conditioning to get his wind back by now, he's never going to find it.

I think that coming off of a semi-successful year like this past one, and being that he is not considered "overpaid" any more, he might have some good trade value.

Do you think we can trade Cato (and picks) for a good center. If so, would you, and who fits the bill? (Young and Old alike)

I'll start... I would trade Cato and our 14th pick for Chandler or Curry .... Now it's your turn.

2. Tmo

Tmo Member

i'm assuming you just smoked crack....

because a bum + a mid first rounder does not equal the #2 or #4 pick in last year's draft.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

You MUST be joking....do you think that the other NBA teams are unaware of that? Not for nothing....Cato for Curry or Chandler??? NEXT...:rolleyes:

4. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

cato for felton spencer should be a big improvement for the rocks

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Fine,
    Then how about Cato and the 5th Pick?

6. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Freakin Golden State!! This wouldn't even be a speculation had we acquired Marc Jackson in the off season last year. He's not a great center, he's a far cry from p.o.s. Cato as our starter, and has room to become very solid down low on O and D. Right now, I'd trade Cato for anyone above 6'10"........how about ZiZi Wang?

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Good one TMO

8. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Cato stays.
    Collier is gone and maybe Langhi.
    Rockets wanna bring back Tierre Brown but the other two are not fit in to the match.
    Francis
    Mobley
    Griffin
    Mooch
    Tierre
    Rice
    Cato
    Willis
    Dunleavy
    Mo
    player to be named later

Rockets are gonna trade their 2 draft picks for a shot at Dunleavy if another team holds interest ahead of them
    Dunleavy fits on this team.

NOw let the flames begin:D

9. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

the rocks should pick up oliver miller during the season

i would love to see cato, collier and oliver miller with many bags of lays potato chips and having a sleep over gameboy party

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

hahaha, a gameboy sleepover party? that's pretty funny itself but we might as well throw two sandwiches in with them.

11. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I dont know where some of you geniuses get your info but Dunleavy, FOR THE 1000th time, is STAYING IN SCHOOL !!!!

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thank you for posting that NJRocket.

I swear to God...I do not understand this infatuation that some people here have about Dunleavy.

13. MC74

MC74 Contributing Member

We need to keep cato and try to get big country to come out of retirement. Then and only then will the rockets be able to compete. Or we could just trade cato for a new ball boy or some new squirt bottles.

14. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Our chance to trade Cato was before the season when he was still a 7 foot shotblocking center with potential who had been slowed by injuries.

Now that everyone in the league has actually seen him play for a full season, he's not exactly a commodity.

(The Warriors screwed us in so many ways by keeping Marc Jackson and forcing us to go with Cato as a starter.)

15. BigTwoston

BigTwoston Member

we couldn't even give cato away...no one will pick up that contract.... Its just like no one picking the ugly kid at the orphanage...you know what im talkin bout'

16. Miggidy Markell

I thought this thread was worth reading... :rolleyes: But then I remember the same old lame Cato bashing that happens here every other minute of the day. (Not even putting my comment in on Cato, said it in all 23792342 Cato bashing threads).......

17. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Lol! Your sick BigTwoston, sick!

18. Miggidy Markell

I'm not sure what you were trying to say here btw. You firstly state you aren't one that wants tha trade half of the team, then you say you don't care if Langhi, Collier, Torres, Norris AND Cato were to be say... traded, waved, released. That is practically half the team....

19. Hydra

Hydra Member

Catos contract is actually about what you would expect. He has the same contract as MacCulloch, IIRC, and they put up basically the same numbers.