1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan11, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Does Faried make Capela expendable?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ken Faried has made Clint obsolete.

but no really,...

[​IMG][​IMG]

whiskeyred and baller4life315 like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

If we're going to play the Suns for the rest of the season and playoffs yes.

Blurr#7, Bids9, mikol13 and 1 other person like this.
  4. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

Absolutely. I never get tired of giving up easy layups.

topfive likes this.
  5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

We finally managed to outrebound a team without Capela.

Too bad it was against the lowly Suns.

But, yeah, let’s trade him ;)

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who the hell bumped this thread . . . oh wait. :rolleyes:

AroundTheWorld, topfive and mikol13 like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd do it if we could get a star + DJ in a buyout.

That would take quite some maneuvering, and luck for Morey though.

luckyman76 likes this.
  8. H-Town Rockets Guy

OMG People. Capela is the second most important player for the Rockets behind Harden. Without Capela, we don't have a big that can protect the rim, rebound, and catch lobs. Faried has helped but he is very undersized. We are getting murdered in the paint since Capela injury. I sure hope we can get a back up like Dedmon, Kyle Quinn or someone who can help us

9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Not by a long shot Faried is an asset very valuable but in case we need reminders look at this game

10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Faried and DJ (that’s if he gets bought out and if he chooses us. Lots of ifs) are rentals. They’ll likely get more money in the summer than we can afford or are willing to pay. On the other hand, we have Capela locked for 3 more seasons on a very reasonable contract.

From that angle alone, no, Faried or DJ does make Capela obsolete.

CriscoKidd likes this.
  11. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

What, the anti-Harden threads not gaining enough traction nowadays, so we have to find new dumb **** to post?

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like manimal he’s going to be great off the bench. I don’t really think we need DJ tbh. Is he better than faried? Prob, but who cares, plus it be kind of a dick move to grab DJ and then manimal is back to zero minutes.

But some of you guys forgot that the rockets were absolutely rolling and beating the elite of the elite before Clint went out, and keep in mind that was with cp3 and Gordon out.

We went 10-1 with the JH and CC tandem with wins if OKC, GS SA just to name a few.

R team is pretty straight if everyone could actually be healthy for once.

Ennis has been pretty good since being inserted into the starting lineup, he’s playing like we all had hoped. Pretty decent three point shooter he needs to keep taking 8 attempts a game.

If he keeps it up he should maybe stay starting his size she activity are needed especially if he keeps up the shooting.

RocketToVegas likes this.
  13. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

To be fair, I think we're a better defensive team than the numbers show even without Capela. Tucker and Paul are both great defenders (Paul has been a little disappointing this year, though I think/expect he can turn it around), and Harden has been a positive defender as well... On paper, there's a couple other guys who should be solid, too. Like Rivers and Ennis... But I think part of the problem is effort (like I'm 90% sure we play better 2nd half defense than 1st half, but haven't seen numbers to confirm).

Nonetheless, I agree that probably our single biggest problem right now is the lack of Capela. It's amazing how much of a difference one guy can make (like Smart in Boston, or Gobert in Utah). I think when fully healthy, this team is at least about average defensively, which is a huge step up from where we are now. With playoff level effort WHILE healthy, we should be able to at least contain most any team.

PuzzledFan likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The only way I would even consider trading Capela would be if Anthony Davis comes the other way. And that is not a total no-brainer either, given the risk that Davis might only be a rental.

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Trade knight for AD, Trade chrisis for PG13. Get it done morey