1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade all for a superstar? I say Why not

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by metalshred, Apr 27, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Tell you what. You whip a superstar out of thin air and Morey will go after him. Because there are no more superstars available. Time for a new direction.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL yes trade all for a superstar, because Orlando has a superstar and they won a rin...oh wait!

If you trade everything for a superstar what's gonna prevent him from leaving?

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

First of all, what I meant by "it takes two teams to trade" was that the other team has to be willing to give up their superstar. How many teams are willing to do that? Not many.

Secondly, it's true we have some solid assets on our team that other teams covet. But how many are willing to give up their superstar of high lotto picks for our assets? Again I would say not many.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Morey tried to gut the team three years ago for Ricky Rubio, and I wouldn't even necessarily consider him an All Star yet.

Do you not believe he wouldn't do that again for the same caliber or better player? He's been trying to gut the team for a star player for years now. His love and passion for Luis Scola or anyone else on the roster isn't whats been holding him back.

Its the lack of available stars that aren't trying to join other stars in New York to cut corners to a championship and fame.