1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady's new attitude

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bluerap04, Feb 22, 2008.

1. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Horse manure. When he was in Orlando, he played like tonight every single game. Even with the Rockets, when called upon, he has always reponded. He's a bright lights performer as demonstrated by his terrific play in the playoffs the last 6 years with the exception of last year.

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Psshh he's still injury prone and mentally weak. We should trade him for Rudy Ghey and Mike Miller. :p

[​IMG]

3. rocketsmetalspd

This vibe from TMac is totally new and I believe it will last. TMac has seen what this team is becoming and wants part of the special ride.

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

Nah.

It's definitely a new attitude. Injuries are nothing new to T-mac, recovering from them and having a stretch of health = nothing new.

Showing up early for pre-game warmups - particularly to work on his shooting and conditioning- with motivated quotes that are less "its on me" and more "gotta keep up with my athletic/faster teammates", IS new.

5. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Again, its nothing new. He's unable to sustain it, for whatever reason.

I really do hope I'm wrong.

6. macfan

Yes you're wrong. Sustain what?

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

this is the reason why i'm so happy we never traded tmac :D , and THANK GOD we didn't trade him, we would've been doomed and not been on this 11 game winning streak if we did trade him during the season, that's for sure.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

lol. I noticed you have quoted yourself word-for-word from the postgame thread just to get your message across.

letting the opponent go on an 8-2 run in a 20 point blowout? are you serious?

9. MaxwellsTemper

Or maybe a little of both. Maybe his attitude has improved AND he is feeling healthier. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

I've always thought it'd be foolish to give up on McGrady. He's got so much to offer to the team. I'm not saying he should get more credit than is due to him, but he's a superstar and has the ability to take the Rockets to another level when he plays great.

10. YaoYi

YaoYi Member

You know why TMac was so determined in the game against N.O.?

cuz he wasn't there during the All Star weekend and he's mad pissed :D :D :D :D

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

t-mac's new attitude will last till the next game we lose or the next time the depth perception at TC is bothering him.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You represent the other side of the realm. There is no question Tmac is playing better now and had a stretch of sucktitude this year. And if you can see that than you are a TMAC only fan and there is no reason to take anything you say seriously. TMac is a major talent in this league but he doesn't put it on the court. Even he has acknowledge he needs to work harder to keep up with his teammates.

13. macfan

He led the league 2 years in scoring. How do you do that without trying?

HE put the Rockets on his shoulders last year when Yao was out and pulle dthem through.

THis yer he has been injured. When he has played healthy he has played well. Does he play all out every game? No.

He's a lot like Shaq. He turns it up during the playoffs.

14. Rowdie Brandon

I won't give tmac his props until we at least get out of the 1st round.........................................sorry..........

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

like i said, i'm seeing new things from tmac this yr i haven't seen in his career

1) criticizing himself publicly
    2) admitting the team can play well without him
    3) and admitting he needs to catch up to the pace of the team

i think this year is turning out to be a revelation for tmac. i think he's understanding what this team is trying to accomplish this year - winning a championship. he knows his career is at a stage where he will be a forgetful superstar if he doesn't start winning right now.

i'm sensing urgency from tmac. hopefully this will last for the rest of his career from now on. he still has superstar-level type of game. it's just his intensity needs to be on every game from the get-go.

16. macfan

Last year was the only year he had an average playoff series. Any other year, he has been one of the best playoff performers. It's not tennis or golf.

17. leeallen

leeallen Contributing Member

Sorry... I thought it was not always his fault when his teams could not advance to 2nd. He could not do shxt alone when others did not perform at least to their level.

#37 leeallen, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It's only natural for people to play harder once they get start winning. It's not like it's exclusive to T-Mac. Give me a break, some of you act like all the other superstars are super perfect character guys.

He's healthier, no doubt, and when he's healthy he plays like an all-star. Those stretches of suckitude, as old man put it, coincide with stretches of sucky health. There's a reason he's an all-star, and that's because he plays like it when healthy.

Not to discount the effects of the winning streak and the hard working environment he's in now. Those all factor in. But when Mac's healthy, he's damn good. A lot of people seem to have forgotten that.

19. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

But see, that's the whole point! When has he ever been publicly critical of himself like that? He even comes to the arena early for shoot-arounds with Yao now.

You make great points. I think that a combination of Tmac's health, and Adleman's great job at gluing the chemistry of this team together are all major contributions to Tmac's improved attitude.

20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i know you meant "can't" ... thats a silly position though.

basically, agree with me or you're a "TMAC only fan". lol, that works conveniently for yah! ;)