1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady's BLOG on Sina.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jul 25, 2007.

1. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

And people wonder why when a Chinese article is posted people take it with a grain of salt. It makes 0 sense for T-Mac to say that, all he does now, is talk about he doesn't need to score 30 points any night. The blog sounds like he is a new player introducing himself. Shouldn't he be talking about losing, the next year, and Francis. It makes no sense. Do they have any sense of professionalism at Sina?

They have great articles about everything Yao, but then write these "blogs" which sound so unreal. I don't blame Pyruen for just translating it. Sina sounds like some YOF that wants the Chinese public to disapprove of T-Mac. What's the next idea from Sina? " Kobe is selling too many jerseys, lets make a blog about Kobe admitting that Centers aren't really skilled just tall, especially Yao." That will stop Kobe jerseys from selling in China.

As for the pics, Sina is basically ESPN in China, I'm sure they have taken multiple pics with T-Mac.

2. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Pryuen did NOT translate this TMac blog, he simply posted the English portion of the blog appearing on the sina link.

I doubt sina has an agenda of a TOH. Your conspiracy theory holds no water. However, I have to say the site is poorly managed and has low standard of journalism integrity.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Here is a tmac signature, I think it is also fake. That's why Sina have all these front page ads running about the blog so TMAC's agent can file a lawsuit against them I am sure.

[​IMG]

4. God's Son

God's Son Member

poor guy has no life :(

5. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Again, I'm not blaming him at all. If they don't have a YOF agenda than they need to improve there standards of crappy fake blogs from Battiar and T-Mac.

6. God's Son

God's Son Member

so are all sina blogs fake?

7. pirc1

Of course they are all fake.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why would TMac have a sina blog but not an American blog? Makes no sense to me.

9. pirc1

To market himself in China? Sina pays him good money to start a blog?

10. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Battier Sina blog is not fake, and it is a Peak shoe commercial blog.
    The others (James, Alston, Tmac) are all fake.

11. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I did not say you were blaming pryuen, but you certainly attributed to him something that he didn't do.

From reading the reader comment section, I can tell you there are abundant TMac fans in China. The majority of them either don't seem to be aware or don't mind that the blog is poorly written in English. They are simply blissful over the fact TMac is getting on their favorite site. I see nothing from sina to promote Yao at the expense of bashing T-Mac. So again, your YOF/TOH argument is weak at best.

Also, what proofs do you have that the blogs of Battiar [sic] and T-Mac are fake?

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

So you -- who claims to have acquaintance with someone higher up in sina - are confirming they are promoting a fake TMac blog?

That's pretty sh!tty for a popular sports site boasting largest number of fans in China.

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

obviously tmac does not speak or write like that. so even if tmac is there, the poor translation is pathetic and is useless to most fans anyways.

like all journalism, if you can't report something accurately or clearly, don't report it at all.

14. TigerWings

TigerWings Member

So what? It's fake. It's not the first time he translated fake stuff.

15. TigerWings

TigerWings Member

Simply because sina.com, tom.com and etc. don't have much credit. Most of sport fans in China know this fact.

16. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Geeeeeeee.....man.

Did you guys click on the link that I've provided at all?

Even though English is not my first language, I don't think I'm that poor in the usage of it.......

I just cut and paste it here to share with you guys......I DID NOT translate it. :mad:

And you guys think I did not doubt that this could be a fake one? HAHAHA !!!

17. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Man.......if I treated sina/tom.com as gospels, then I don't think 24 hours a day is sufficient for the time I have to spend on the translations for YMM or Clutchfan sites.....as there are so many news/articles every day about Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Steve Francis and the other Rockets that I like and support.

I am usually very selective/critical about the articles I chose, read the news/articles with grains of salts and only picked the ones that are interesting, informative, and with high % of genuinity. And in most cases, I didn't go that extreme to stamp with authority on the articles to say "Hey guys... this is 100% genuine." Did I?? :rolleyes:

I just wanted to share the fun with Yao Ming/Rockets fans here on Clutchfan site, on YMM and others all over the world that have difficulty to read/understand Chinese.

If readers/posters consider me a jerk or a hypocrite for doing all these, then maybe it is time for me to second-think about WHY do I need to continue to spend that much of my time day-in and day-out to "entertain" you guys free of charge, and be insulted ??? :mad:

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

can I give this thread negative stars? clutch, please make this happen.

19. blackwindy

blackwindy Member

I guess Sina.com has a deal with TM. So not totally fake.

20. rocketshopeful

naaaaa, dont think that. but seriously, I for one do value some of the info you bring to this forum. No reason to get emotional about it. Post what you want, and factor is less how people respond. You cant seriously think people were going to aprreciate this post, but I dont think any harm was done either.