1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady's BLOG on Sina.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Mad Max

Mad Max Member

McGrady not Mcgrady, I know it's only a slight difference, but I think if I were writing out my own name I wouldn't spell it wrong... besides if anyone actually watched TMac last year, they'd know that he loves to pass... obviously fake. The way that's wrote it's almost insulting to a Chinese, so that's another reason not to believe it, as his publicist would never allow him to write that crap.. whoever actually wrote this needs to get a clue.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hey guys lay down your weapons

3. TigerWings

TigerWings Member

If you don't like my reply, don't read it. No one is forcing you to read it.
    :eek:

4. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

pryuen spent hours after hours doing translations. Many people here apreciate his contribution. what have you done, except to insult a member of this forum?

5. choujie

choujie Member

Pryeun, I appreciate your effort for finding Rox related articles all over the web, but sometimes you gotta use your brain a bit more.

1. ANYBODY can create a blog like that in Sina. Someboy claimed to be Yao before.

2. If Tmac really has a blog there,Sina would have made a big deal out of that.

Chances are, Sina doesn't even know "Tmac's blog' exists. That's gotta be a fake one.

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Don't we have a sina insider on this board? Maybe she has something to say about the authenticity of this TMac blog. Rayrocket, page your sina editor friend ASAP.

Pryuen, I think you could've simply post the photos of TMac signing with sina and left out the blog, which looks pretty goofy. I mean even if the blog turns out to be real, you should know full well it won't be received favorably here.

The personal attacks directed at pryuen are mean and sleazy. You guys have long waited for such opportunity to jump on him, haven't you? Unless sina.com is banned by Clutch or until the blog is proved fake, I don't see how posting stuff linked to that site violates the rules of CF.net.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

WRONG. Although I know nothing of the Chinese language, I have taken it upon myself to use the infallible babelfish translator to translate the original post back to Chinese, then back to English, thus "refreshing" the languages, in a way. It's totally scientific and stuff. Here's what Tracy really said:

"HI everybody? HI SINA? Feeds the Chinese ventilator: I am the best player in mine team. Makes it to NBA is my dream. I can result in 50 to divide in any the night which as soon as assigns. The justice will exhibit my face to allow me to pass. I like the fire. Thanks the Chinese ventilator, thank the sina net.

--Tracy Mcgrady"

Now THAT sounds like Tracy, doesn't it?

You're welcome.

8. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

choujie, see here.

sina did claim on their front page that this is tmac's blog.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/nba/
    休斯顿火箭队王牌球星麦克格雷蒂新浪独家开通博客! 评

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think Tmac means this way.

I am the best player on my team. Making it (the best player ) to the NBA is my dream: I (the best player in NBA) can score 50 points on any given night, (and thus) Just showing my face will allow me to pass. I love shooting.
    :p

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Exatly, it is on the very top of Sina sports page, the wording might not be so accurate due to Sina's terrible translation back and forth but it definately looks like a TMAC blog to me. I am sure Sina paid good money to do this. TMAC might just be joking around for all we know but there is no need to bash other people who just want share rocket related news here.

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

He basically just means 'I am the best player on my team. Making it (the best player ) to the NBA is my dream'. Other words were all used for explaining it.

I think nothing is wrong with Tmac.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Journalism! All these articles that do not originate from the horses mouth are subject to incorrect information and romantic notions of the writer.
    It's the same in every country! We know that T Mac is a very humble person and would not have spoken in this manner but it sells papers and internet subscriptions. :p

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

this is obviously fake. tmac has said multiple times he doesn't even want to score 30 anymore. how the hell can he score 50?

and tmac can be cocky, but not this cocky.

if it's not fake, the translator's english is not very good.

14. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

LMAO. Didnt Pryuen teach us how to apply "critical thinking" in denniscd's thread few days ago? Where's his "critical thinking" now? :rolleyes:

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Go to hell.

16. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Says the guy who posted Charley Rosen's article claiming Yao is the victim of "giantism."

17. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

At least I am not such a hypocrite to give others a lecture of "how to apply critical thinking" before. I posted Rosen's article w/o personally approving or disapproving it. On the other hand, we all know how Pryuen takes sina/tom.com articles like gospels, even though those articles kept proved to be authors' opinions or imaginations only. The fact that Pryuen gave us a "critical thinking' lecture in denniscd thread made it even more hypocritical. See the difference? I guess it's too difficult to understand for your standard.

18. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I agree with your pryuen's "critical thinking" gig is iffy, but what evidence do you have to proclaim TMac's blog on sina is fake or not?

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Why do you guys think Pyruen thought this "blog" was authentic? From what I can tell, he isn't taking it seriously at all. It reads like he was just sharing the joke with the rest of us.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How much of sina's stuff is fake? I find it strange that they get more Rockets interviews than the Chronicle.