1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady signs with the Atlanta Hawks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Dec 7, 2011.

1. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Hope Tracy imprIves from last year. Still my all time favorite. And tin man is a troll. Nuff' said

2. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Logic just busted tinman and his balls

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

are the waffle houses in atlanta ready for tmac?

4. tinman

Supporting Member

they must have renewed another season of the real house wives of atlanta!

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I don't know about Smith for Hibbert. Hibbert is woefully inconsistent - I wouldn't consider him a top center. You can get more for Smith in this market (although it looks like team officials now have to procure owner approval for their deals).

That being said, the Hibbert move would allow the Hawks to move Horford to the 4, which may actually pay dividends.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Where are you getting the Hibbert rumor from?

Atlanta is the home for one of my favorite groups Outkast.

Now they have Outcast on their basketball team!

#146 tinman, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

One poster asked Baller how he would feel about a Hibbert trade. Baller replied and I jumped off his reply.

How is McGrady an outcast? By all accounts, he's well liked by his colleagues. I don't think the boos he receives from his previous teams makes him an outcast from the corresponding cities.

I liked your Walking Dead journeyman picture though

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You have some really massive mental issues. Godspeed r****d

9. tinman

Supporting Member

why you hating on Outkast?
    Hootie Hoo

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

One of the reasons signing McGrady was such a no-brainer is because the Hawks were able to do it for the league minimum. Unfortunately, that's what Atlanta is reduced to due to their bloated payroll.

This trade would never work out practically, but hypothetically speaking: the Hawks would jump at the opportunity to flip Josh Smith for a young center like Hibbert on a rookie contract.

11. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Good for T-Mac. Still my favorite player. Not on my favorite team though.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Zombies > TOFs

13. theREALDEALkid

Tracy McGrady

"Last year I was still trying to find my way and just feel may way back to being healthy," McGrady said. "I think with this offseason being so long, it gave me an opportunity to get healthy. My body feels great. I feel better than I did last season."

"My game, it's no comparison to where I am now and where I was at this point last season," said McGrady, who is wearing No. 1. "So I'm going to bring a lot to the table, regardless of what a lot of people think of what they saw last year. It definitely will be a new player that takes to the basketball court."

Josh Smith (after First practice)

"I'm real excited," said forward Josh Smith after his first practice with McGrady. "He definitely brings some veteran leadership. He's a guy who has been in this league for a long time and has done some outstanding and amazing things.

"With his knowledge and his wisdom of the game, I think he can bring that to our game. I think he's definitely going to create some mismatch problems offensively. He's a great post-up guy."

... Now I kno T-Mac can do some talking, but i mean his game did speak for itself last year, although he wasn't filling the stat sheet (although he did have a near trip-dub last year; i think twice) he looked good on the court. Health wise, and his athleticism seemed to be there; dunked more than i have seen in his two previous seasons put together.

I really hope he does well, and grabs sixth man of the year or something, most improved idk.