1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady says Carmelo Anthony should go to the Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dogtag, Jun 23, 2014.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

everyone needs to chill out. t-mac is right. quit being a homer.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

because his cousin plays for the mavs:confused:

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

TMac was the most exciting Rocket player I've gotten to witness since I'v been a fan...but damn. These comments are sickening. "Go Chicago!" I can't believe he said that...not even an obligatory, "you know, Houston should be in the mix as well" or anything of the sort.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That'll be fun for them...until they then get swept by whoever is coming out of the West.

That team on paper is no where close to competing to the Western powerhouses. If the Pacers got their **** together, they'd still be behind the Pacers because PG can matchup with Melo and Hibbert with Noah and Rose can match up with the bench.

5. pass_to_Hakeem

There is no guarantee Rose will be injured again this year like everybody seems to think. Two unlucky years in a row and all of a sudden he's Greg Oden? He stays healthy this year , you add Melo and they are top 2 in the East .. EASILY!!!!

Melo won't sign with Chicago because Rose has been injured the past 2 years and therefore could get hurt again this year?? Yeah that's just not the kind of thinking that leads to anything successful!!

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

McGrady is trying get Morey back for dumping him to the knicks

7. Sanity2disChaos

He in his feelings.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Tmac thinks Melo should go to the Bulls...

Let me tell Tmac where I think HE should go....

but first he needs to shut up and go get me a Heineken...

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Why is everyone so up in arms about this?

Melo is a pure scorer. He should go to team with good defense that needs a scorer... which is Chicago.

Melo is the wrong fit for the Rockets. Melo & Harden being ball stoppers and not defending for huge stretches would be be ridiculously bad.

Rockets need depth, good players who play for the team and fit their roles, not another huge star. Getting Melo will not allow the team to overcome the fact that there is no cohesive game plan or structure for the this team.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Listen up people. We all know Mchale is not good with everything. The people's coach crap has worn out. If we get depth it's not going to matter. Too much substituting head thinking for Mchale. Just get the best player and that's it. Every dumbass thinks Spurs went and signed a bunch of good players but Pop actually got bums to play into his system. We don't have a system.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm tired of the circle jerk homerism going on here in general. It's fresh air when I see poster gives us constructive criticism.

12. houtown

houtown Member

I lost faith in Mcgrady going into the late stages of his career with the Rockets. He faltered under the pressure in my opinion. Superstar talent with a role players weak mindset and lacked mental toughness. That being said, he was one of the most talented players i ever saw that never to come to fruition. Yeah, i know this has nothing to do with his comments, but i don't consider a all-time great ROcket. HIs comments are his opinion, and i have no problem with them although i disagree. Bulls are dependent on Derek Rose and his health. And i don't think one can depend on his health at this point. The two best teams for Melo are Houston and New York. That's it.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

How is Mcgrady wrong about this comment? Honestly folks. He is stating his opinion and if you weren't a Rocket Homer everyone here would see that it does make more sense for him to be there. Tom Thibs is a great coach and Noah is arguably the best center in the east. On the other hand why in the world do we need Carmelo Anthony? This is sounds great in video game land but stupid in reality.

14. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

That's how sick rockets fans truly are..even one of your best historical players thinks Houston will limit melo.. Or should I say ISO with 3 players that need the ball in their hands.. Sorry Houston you have a problem.. Its not even a joke

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not surprising TMac would choose to go team up with a broken player, it seems some things never change.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Bulls might be better fit for him but if he wants to win, we offer the best chance

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tmac maybe butthurt but this comment says nothing.

Melo isn't even in the Top 1 tier superstar league (Bron, Durant, Paul at his best)

Who the faq cares that much? If he joins, then yeah good. If not, move on.

18. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Regardless of the trades, unless you lands LBJ, Houston we have a problem

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What "problem"? Being one of the youngest and most talented teams in the NBA? Being one of the best destinations for FA's? I think pretty much no matter what happens the Rockets are in a good spot going forward. Even if they made no changes at all, experience and the chemistry that comes with more time together would make the Rockets a better team than they were last year and easily a top 5 or so team in the NBA.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he can say what he likes, just because you play somewhere doesn't mean you have to tell a player to go play for them as well.

if he said go play for Orlando would people kick up about that as well ?