1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady says Carmelo Anthony should go to the Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dogtag, Jun 23, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Another reason why Les Alexander shouldn't have this clown at games...infact I really feel weird saying this, but every time that clown is in the seats for a major game, we lose...coincidence???

I think not...for most recent example see Spurs...the guy is like a bad omen over this franchise.

2. bmd

bmd Member

I think Carmelo would fit better with the Bulls. The Bulls already have great defense. They lacked offense. Carmelo provides them with that go-to scorer that they need who could also take some pressure off Rose when he comes back. Plus they play in the East.

I think Carmelo fits perfectly in Chicago whereas he will just be an okay fit in Houston.

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I thought we were cool TMAC

Reverse psychology?

5. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I don't mind these comments from TMac. It's true that the Bulls are a great match for Melo.

Superior Coaching, defensive teams that can plug in Melo's offense, crappy conference, Chicago is a big basketball town and social city.

If Rose was healthy and they added Melo, that team will be in the Finals next year and would be a favorite against anyone.

But Rose isn't healthy and that's where Houston, with it's two stars healthy, makes up ground. We aren't the best fit for Melo, unlike Chicago, but we are the best option.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Yes, that's exactly what Carmelo should do, take advice from one of the most over hyped and least respected stars in the history of the league.

1 person likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I like Tracy, but he's a peon.

8. Pete the Cheat

How can you argue with a guy in suspenders?

When did TMac go full Urkle?

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This.

In NBA circles, McGrady is known as a whiny loser. People dont exactly look up to him. His mouth is as big as his playoff failures.

True Rockets legend Hakeem helps bring Dwight to Houston. Non-Rockets players look up to him and seek his advice.

True Raptors/Magic/Rockets/Knicks/Pistons/Hawks/Eagles/Spurs failure McGrady asks free agents to stay away from Houston.

No one asks him for anything. Even his left eye tries to run away from his right one.

Tinman and I have been telling you guys that this guy is a scumbag.

#49 Zboy, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha, pretty sure that's a backpack.

11. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Houston made too much sense for Dwight last offseason. Chicago makes too much sense for Melo this offseason. I think it is a perfect fit for him. He is exactly what that team needs.

12. bmd

bmd Member

Or maybe it's a backpack lol

13. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

F U Tmac. F U. I'm gonna go boo him at the skeeters game, and I don't even like baseball, much less the skeeters. That's a stupid name anyways.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think melo is going to go to Chicago anyways.

Even if rose isn't healthy that's still a good team in the easy. They can add a few more pieces and be in the eastern conf finals pretty easily.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am not sure I want Melo, but that was stupid. So Howard and Harden is less than a one leg Rose and no-offense Noah?????

16. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Smartest Rocket player... 100% agree, Chicago in weak East with a defense team that can cover his lack of D vs the Rockets in a West super conference. I mean honestly do you want to play in a onference with the likes of CP3, Durant/WB, Pop, Harden/ Howard, ZBo/Gasol or play against LBJ/Wade and Paul George as your only competition.

Just think about it for a second, 8/10 top 10 players are on the West, being 3rd in the East may not even qualify you for 8th in the West.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Great, an ECF berth means what, a cookie?

Unless Rose is healthy, there's not a realistic avenue for the Bulls to win the NBA Finals. And for a 30-year-old like Carmelo going into his last major contract, rings are all that matters.

If your priority was winning a ring, would you gamble on Rose's knees?

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If I'm a superstar and my goal is to win an NBA championship, I would honestly want to play on a team with two other superstars over a middling Eastern Conference team whose only route to legitimate contention involves Derrick Rose suddenly becoming elite again after a 2.5-year hiatus.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Even though TMAC just doesnt know when to keep his mouth closed, he made very good points in regards to why Melo should pick Chicago.

1. Good Coaching...absolutely agree
    2. Potential lineup with him still being able to just be a scorer: "tailor made"
    3. Championship contending status with Rose, Noah, and Melo...

Chicago needs a player like Melo, so in that regards, this team is customed made for his services. However, Melo would most likely take a huge pay cut to join Chicago.

Finally in regards to TMAC, we as Houstonians should come to expect such idiocy... every time this man speaks, bad things tend to follow. Melo will be taking a huge risk joining a team that hasnt seen their former MVP for more than 2 years. Melo's gamble might pay off, but its failure might have a monumental impact on his career: because he may lose out on winning and making money!

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

As much as some of these people hate T-Mac he is right though about Melo going to Chicago imo.