1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy Mcgrady has zero heart, folks.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Troy McClure, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

Am I the only who has come to this realization. When will this guy show some emotion ? When is he going to dive for a looseball, when is he going to pound his chest or scream into the sky?

I admit, I used to hate when Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley would get all fancy with their play, and invariably turn the ball over, but I would rather have thier overexuberiance for the game than Mcgrady's absolute lack of passion, desire, what have you...

When we traded Francis and Mobley for Mcgrady, we may have gained a better " basetball mind" but we lost a lot of heart.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    One Team Played Hard.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lmao.

4. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Francis = always plays with heart, but no brain. make stupid turnovers, wants to play 1 on 5 at critical time

Mcgrady = always plays under control, but no emotion, smart and has great on court vision, wants to find an open teammates at critical time.

which one do you like better?

5. tinman

Supporting Member

The Rockets Championship organization was define by their style of play as other championship organizations:

Lakers=Showtime
    Celtics=Hard Work
    Bulls=MJ
    Detroit=Defense
    Rockets=HEART

6. Houstonrocketss

T-mac plays with HEART most superstars don't show emotion
    Example: Bill russell

7. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

T-Mac is still trying to get his teammates involved, making the extra passes. The way thing going, I don't know how much longer he's willing to do that.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

He needs to take over. Yao will get mad, but we need him to get mad. Tmac please hog the ball until the other guys prove that they are any good.

9. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

I can not agree this. TMac is just lost for a while along with Yao. When they figure it out, we would still be a good team.

10. happy_bing

happy_bing Member

Some news reported that Tmac and lue began to complain about yao. Tmac can absolutly be called the person who has no strong will.In fact, he is worse than yao.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes, he needs to take over. But JVG has to keep running plays for him. T-Mac is not going to ignore the play call.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well, he's certainly not getting any heart from Yao. I think TM has figured out that Yao is nothing more than a role player and not a top center as he figured he would be playing with. On a few nights, Yao may put up top center numbers but that is becoming more and more rare. The TMac/Yao pairing hasn't produced the expected outcome...even if the rest of the team isn't exactly playing up to par. That said...I guess it's still early and this team is still finding itself. Every one was one big happy family at the beginning of the year. TMac and Yao were going to be the best leading the way. After all the hype, I'm not sure these guys are cut out to play with each other for the next several years. TMac has a heart...or he wouldn't be alive. ;)

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I have followed TMac since he came into the NBA. He has great skills, and a great heart. His temperment just doesn't display emotion. He is so under control, keeps a cool head, and thinks his way through the play. With the right players around him, he is unstoppable.

14. amed

amed Contributing Member

Yao against the Jazz: 26min 9pts 4reb (0 Def) 3blks 2 To

Amare against the Jazz: 38min 29pts 9reb 4blks 0 To

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Link?

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Since when did "showing emotion" = "heart"? Neither Tim Duncan nor Dream show much emotions on the court. Both have tons of heart.

Heart is something you show with your play, not with facial expressions. In this regards, T-Mac has been a mixed bag. I've seen him lead the Rockets singlehandedly in some games, willing them to wins. I've also seen him looking more like a role player than a superstar. As for his heart, I'll reserve judgement until at least the end of the season.

17. amed

amed Contributing Member

Yao = shows no emotion, no heart, no toughness, no skills, no ability to hold on to the ball, no defense, he turns the ball over late in games, and he cracks under pressure.

Now which players do I want on my team?

Steve and Tmac

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think T-Mac has a lot of heart, Yao on the other hand...

Personally, I just think that he needs to attack the basket more, IMO, only 2 things can happen when he does that, he scores or he goes to the line.

19. amed

amed Contributing Member

Yao is too soft and scared to attack the basket and get fouled hard.

20. Just B

Just B Member

No...just no.
    Most superstars don't show emotion!? Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Allen Iverson, Shaq, Kobe, KG....stars almost always show emotion. It's their job to get the fans and their teammates into the game.

And bob718..you call jacking up threes every other play "under control?" And it's not exactly a good thing when your best player looks to find other people in the clutch. T-Mac should be the one taking over games when they're on the line.