1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by the shark, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Orange

Orange Member

Lol YOF?? I could care less about Yao I'm a rockets fan.

2. Orange

Orange Member

If your serious let me know.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Why is this thread still going? T-Mac did good things for us, and did things that made us frustrated. But that was a while ago. He's in China now just taking it easy, shooting pull-up jumpers and not playing defense. Good for him. We should all be so lucky.

Haven't we moved past the point where we need a thread calling out those who are fans of T-Mac???

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    What part of what i said below is a hypothetical situation?
    <br>
    <br>
    Do you acknowledge this as fact (because it is) or do you deny it?
    <br>
    Are McGrady's stats in the playoffs (among the best statistics of any player in the playoffs) made up or are they too fact?

The only thing you have on him is not getting out of the first round of the playoffs.

Is that a team effort or is it just based solely 100% on one player who should get all the blame?

Ib4 you post a vid of t-mac saying "it's on me"

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Let's talk about Yao's conference finals accolades - oh wait. And you probably want to retire his jersey, amirite? The hate for TMac is so overdone... please see yourself out...

I have only one thing to add to this thread:

IT TAKES A TEAM TO WIN, AND IT TAKES A TEAM TO LOSE.

/ THREAD

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who said it was only his fault?

you really want some of this mcgrady truth on you?

Why do you think JVG got fired? he got fired because he put too much emphasis on McGrady and Yao as the top players.

The problem with that, is:

they were overhyped
    they were both injury prone

They fired JVG and hired Rick Adelman who brought:

a whole NEW SYSTEM
    and HIS PLAYERS

they got rid of JVG players. And if you do remember how a different system changes players than you check out Rafer Alston.

he was completely a different player under Rick and than under Jeff.

The WINNING STREAK was about the NEW PLAYERS, NOT MCGRADY, shinning.

Dude, Scola, Lowry, Brooks, etc.

The whole McGrady meltdown in Toronto was because they were playing TEAM BALL, NOT GIVE IT TO TMAC BALL

------------

You know why Yao never gets booed or a blunt of the blame??

Cause when he got hurt, it was because Tim Thomas fell on his foot. He didn't show up out of shape or LIE ABOUT HIS HEALTH.

Cause he WAS FORCED TO PLAY FOR CHINA and play for the Rockets.

Did McGrady even make Team USA??

Cause Yao was ALWAYS ABOUT THE TEAM and NEVER ABOUT HIMSELF

Did Yao ever go to Sports Illustrated and say he'd rather play with somebody else or some other team?

When Yao came back to Toyota Center, they cheered his ass, and when McGrady came back with TWO DIFFERENT TEAMS, he got his ass BOOED?

why is that? you know that answer you are just afraid to admit the truth.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Most McGrady fans say "IF, SHOULD, COULD , WOULD"

Ok.

Answer these questions:

1. How many time has mcgrady played at least 80 games

2. How many times has mcgrady led any team (usa or china) to a playoff series victory

3. Did McGrady say to Sports Illustrated that he wished he played with Tim Duncan (all while BEING ON THE ROCKETS)?

4. Did McGrady ever win a MVP?

5. Did McGrady ever win in the Olympics?

6. Did McGrady play in all 22 games during the winning streak?

7. Did McGrady ever take his team to the Finals?

This is a tweet from Clutch

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source tells ClutchFans that Adelman has no interest in playing T-Mac. Zero. Says: "This isn't going to end well"</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/5991854307">November 23, 2009</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why is Rick Adelman and McGrady's relationship bad?

8. tinman

Supporting Member

NO TEAM WITH MCGRADY HAS EVER WON A PLAYOFF SERIES

NOT RAPTORS
    NOT MAGIC
    NOT ROCKETS
    NOT KNICKS
    NOT PISTONS
    NOT HAWKS
    NOT QUINDAO EAGLES

/ TRUTH
    [/QUOTE]

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I think you've seriously lost your mind. T-mac and Yao were both top 10 players when healthy. In no way were they overhyped. Both could win a game for you single handed on any given night.

What I do agree on is that both were extremely injury prone.

JVG didn't get fired because he put too much emphasis on Yao/T-Mac. You're just making stuff up at this point. If that's the case why did Adelman only mention comments on how he's going to make the game easier for Yao/T-Mac when he got here?

Was he focusing too much on them as well?

Cut it out with the nonsense.

JVG got fired because his offensive sets were abysmal as were his personnel. JVG liked the idea of surrounding Yao/T-mac with one dimensional role players who couldn't do much else. This really took a toll on our team especially on the offensive end as literally no one other than Yao and McGrady could create their own shot. And since we had basically had terrible offensive strategy, no player could get a shot outside of those created either directly by McGrady or Yao. It was mostly T-Mac creating shot opportunities for everyone else.

This is a fault completely on CD. Did T-Mac sign Stromile Swift to be the 3rd scorer?

You for some reason have this love affair with Rick Adelman. I think it has little to do with Rick coming in, but rather another change in suits.

The transition from CD to DM is what helped the Rockets more than anything. CD was great at signing/trading for big players. But what he lacked was his ability to find good role players.

The entire 00's of Rockets history is littered with failed role players brought in by CD.

Ironically enough, DM is just the opposite in that his ability to find excellent role players is amazing. More often the knock is that he cant land a star (which is false btw: Artest, Harden) player.
    <br>
    <br>
    Again you seem to think it was all about Rick. Tell me why there was no major drop off between the transition from Adelman to McHale (McHale had worse players btw) if Adelman was behind all the Rockets success.

He simply wasn't.

I give full credit for the Rockets success (whatever you want to quantify this as) from the moment he took over until right now to Daryl Morey.

You want to talk about "New players that Adelman brought".

Who during the winning streak was a guy that Adelman brought in?

Brooks(drafted b/c of Adelman) was an Adelman guy and rarely saw the court during the streak.
    Bobby Jackson was an Adelman guy and stunk it up during the streak.
    Bonzi Wells was an Adelman guy and was traded during the streak.

The major players aside from Yao/T-Mac were all Morey guys.

Scola
    Landry
    Novak

And the others were leftover JVG guys:

Rafer
    Hayes
    Deke

So there goes your stupid love affair for Adelman that you've been forcing down everyone's throats for years.

Wanna know something else?

Adelman guys sucked just as much as JVG guys like Ward, Weatherspoon, etc..

See: Brad Miller.
    <br>
    <br>
    Now i'm for sure you've lost whatever sanity you had left.

Are you seriously throwing out a conspiracy theory that T-Mac was never actually injured or that he feigned injury?

Are you really that dense?

I already cited how he played through multiple injuries in 07-08, including in the playoffs when he was taking cortisone shots before the games just to play so he could....wait for it.....be all about the team.

That playoff series effectively ended his career, but he still played through it.

Guess that was made up and he wasn't about the team.

Here's a quote from Les about t-mac:

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Justice-Playoff-flop-Rockets-owner-has-1784857.php
    <br>
    Guess Les only lives in hypothetical situations.
    <br>
    And t-mac never said he'd rather play for another team. Don't make stuff up. I remember the exact comment and you're exaggerating.

I know you live in Austin and prob don't make it out to the Toyota Center much, but he didn't get boo'd as you're describing it. First off, during the 2010 season, when McGrady got back (against the Pistons) in his "8 min a game" thing, the entire arena cheered.

Maybe because most people aren't as bitter as you and your new friend orange.

Then, when he came back with the Pistons there was sections cheering for him and sections booing. Because guess what, most people don't hold silly grudges and do remember all the good stuff he did while he was here.

Yao and Tracy both deserve equal blame for their collective playoff failures. But at the same time both were just riddles with injuries and never had that good of a supporting cast (until 2008 when Yao was again injured).

In the end I can't blame either of them and I remember all the good things they brought by making the Rockets relevant between 04-09.

Those are the facts.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't go all Royce White on me now.

My original statement stands. Based on talent alone, Olajuwon should have had more than 2 rings, Barkley should have had one, Stockton, etc. Kobe Bryant's wins by season are all the evidence I need for where a TEAM gets you. It's not a stretch to say that McGrady deserved a second round appearance based on his personal performance, and you'll never convince me otherwise. God knows you'll try though.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I can play this stupid game of let's ask random questions which are skewed as hell just to make McGrady look bad.

Let me start:

1.Why is playing a full 82 games any better than playing 80 (or for that matter 79, 78, 76) games?

2.How many Rockets players have won MVP's (if this is your criteria for giving an honest answer if a player was good to an organization or not I legit have nothing to say to you)

As far as the streak goes:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8QPjwQBBpF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Did McGrady play through the flu because he was all for the team, or did this not actually happen?
    <br>
    I still don't understand why you're using criteria like "leading a team to the finals" or "getting an MVP" as arguments to saying someone isn't a good player. There must be some ****ty players in the NBA because very few have done that.

As far as the olympics go, since apparently this is your new point of hate against McGrady in the last 5 years...

Hardly any NBA players played for the USA in the early-mid 00's because everyone backed out including McGrady. Tim Duncan and KG don't have Olympic gold. That should speak for itself.
    <br>
    And dude seriously....who the hell cares what Rick Adelman says?

The Rockets fired his ass just like they did to JVG. McHale is here now.

Adelman's opinion on t-mac bears just as much weight as JVG since both were fired by the Rockets (i'm using your inept way of evaluating situations) and JVG loves t-mac. So I can post random quotes too.

That's your biggest problem. You can post as many Youtube vids/one liners/articles taken out of context/tweets as you want to. Nothing you actually say has any substance.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

What Rockets team did you watch? The whole offense was based on those guys getting the ball. it wasn't some motion offense.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

You hit the nail on the head. People don't talk about Olajuwon should have could have, they talk about what HE HAD DONE.

There's no special exception in the history of the NBA for tracy mcgrady.
    He deserves NOTHING has NOT EARNED.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Stop acting like a dumb lin fan.

you know those two situations were completely different.

JVG got fired because of the offense and lack of playoff success

Rick Adelman got a low offer, so he can leave, the Rockets were in full rebuild mode.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac had his moments here - both negative and positive.

I would like to just remember the positive. He played here and he wanted to win. He tried and unfortunately did not succeed for many reasons. But it was an exciting time when both he and Yao were healthy.

I feel the animosity - what's the point at this stage? Just let it go.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    You must be the only ridiculous fool that attributes everything good that the Rockets did between 08-10 to either

1) Rick Adelman
    2) Ron Artest

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

This thread better end soon. Tinman is running out of larger font sizes.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It's ok pretty soon phase 2 will begin.

YouTube vids of rap from the early 90's

19. tinman

Supporting Member

oh I'm sorry for not replying to you, I was busy talking to Stephen A Smith.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/02/27/weekly.countdown/index.html

He smiled when asked if he ever found himself questioning what separated him from the champions of his era.
    "I haven't been the guy who's been fortunate enough to play with Shaq, to play with Tim Duncan. I always seem to have average teams,'' he said. "You take me back in my Orlando days with Shaq? Come on, there are no questions. You take a healthy me and switch me out with Paul Pierce [on the current Celtics]? There's no question. There's definitely no question.''

He was the Rocket's HIGHEST PAID PLAYER WHEN THIS INTERVIEW HAPPENED.
    He threw every teammate under the bus, and obviously Yao Ming.

His NBA Career is over and he GOT what he deserved/

You know why?? Cause you get what you give.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DL7-CKirWZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Hey you know that dude CLUTCH? he makes videos.
    What about Tracy McGrady ?? He even acknowledges the BOOs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tuMm0a5amo0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JkZPZ75bWW4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z7qT-39KaGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wQ8_sQZOKjU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These are OFFICIAL CLUTCHFANS VIDEOS, DO YOU HATE CLUTCH AND CLUTCHFANS ???

#140 tinman, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013