1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady: CP3 wanted more movement out of James Harden. Harden didn't budge.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasheed, May 31, 2019.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Spurs have been the best organization in Sports for decades. Your man got in his feelings after being called out after faking an injury and flushing their season. You have to trade a guy who's already quit.

jcf likes this.
  2. Texanstradamus

Curry a better play maker and is the engine of the team even with KD ...Durant just gives them that unstoppable weapon you can’t reallu adjust too curry just adopts better than Westbrook does and can go back to the #1 if need be as we seen the rockets and blazers series

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Wether he is better than KD or not isnt really my point.(I personally think he is but whatever). My point is that Harden posted better numbers than him this series with less talent.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Texanstradamus

But when it came down to closing out the game out to win he wasn’t better stats is the only argument you have and that don’t tell the whole story

HP3 likes this.
  5. farhen

farhen Member

T-Mac is all bark no bite

D-rock likes this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

I think if you're comparing peak Harden vs peak Curry, then you might at least have an argument. But overall, Harden is better.

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Stats never tell the whole story you are right, you have to have context. I watched all the games as well. Here is the conclusion that I drew from those stats as well as the game, Harden played better than Curry for the series as a whole. Curry played inferior for 5.75 games and then slightly outperformed Harden in game 6. Wins and losses are important but how we got there is just as important. Not once have you even mentioned defense or rebounding.

jcf likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kawhi had 34 and 14 while Siakam went 5-18, Gasol had 6 points in 30 minutes, and his team shot 37% from the field and 29% from 3 while GS shot 46%, had 34 assists, and Toronto struggled to get key stops

I guess Toronto fans should be killing Kawhi right now and spend the next few days discussing all the little things that Kawhi must correct while ignoring everything else like CF does all the time with Harden

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

When I say "this", I meant the Rockets' system. Not the NBA's.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

No klay, No KD and Curry didn't score down the stretch. Did Kawhi choke? Why didn't he take over this pivotal game in crunch time?

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

TMac and Harden are so much alike in personality.

DD

12. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

T-Mac would have taken the rest of the series off if he had his eye poked out, then take the next season off if he got heat for that.

hakeem94, smp, Mr. Space City and 2 others like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fixed.

Flatulent Failure is his new Nick.

Biggest playoff dumper in Rockets history. Always poops his big boy pants. His talk reeks.

farhen likes this.
  14. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Yao wanted Tmac to have more ball movement but Tmac was broke already.

Jontro likes this.
  15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Never go full r****d.

farhen likes this.
  16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Never mind, go ahead....at least it’ll explain your takes.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

I have some stats that tell a story. Steph Curry's 4th quarter in the Warriors' Game 2:

0 points
    0 rebounds
    0 assists
    2 fouls
    1 technical foul

Yet the Warriors win because they're so loaded it doesn't even matter. Steph can totally **** the bed and his teammates get it done for him.

The Warriors said Steph was dehydrated and light-headed. If Harden had those stats and that excuse, a) the media would be jerking off while laughing today, and b) the Rockets would have lost the game.

Deuce likes this.