1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady: CP3 wanted more movement out of James Harden. Harden didn't budge.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rasheed, May 31, 2019.

1. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Thank you for the correction. For some strange reason I have a hard time remembering those 61 games. Maybe he took a load off of Ariza but then broke his shoulder and tried to dunk and it really got dislocated.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Probably because he didn't play much in the playoffs.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Whoops my bad I was looking ESPN offensive efficiency ratings. The Jazz are a top 2 defense not just a good one and they have a dpoy in Gobert. In any case the Jazz would do that to ANYONE. I don’t think there is a team that would make their defense look bad. I have yet to see it. You don’t think the whole league’s numbers would drop against the Jazz. I’d like to see GS numbers vs the Jazz the last two years I really would and not I’m the regular season so you can forget posting anything like that.
    Sure it happen sometimes, it happens with Gordon and Tucker and CP as well. We are a SMALL team our rebounding problems are not because Harden switches on to a big man, we want that to happen.

Mathloom likes this.
  4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Haven't you heard, Harden is the bum who is holding this team back. We would've beaten Golden St and won a couple of championships years ago if we would've just traded this loser.

D-rock, Blurr#7, BigM and 1 other person like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

And btw @Mr. Clutch wanna know what Toronto's offensive rating against the Bucks(ranked number one defensively) was? A whooping 107.9 offensive rating. They should really change up how things work right?

Mathloom likes this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah they probably should. They won with defense

I don't understand people pointing to raptors ortg here. Who cares? I don't care about the raptors.

7. Mr. Clutch

I seriously doubt the jazz would make anyone look that bad. What are you basing that on?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya, the Jazz are nowhere near the defensive team that the Bucks are. Jazz have one premiere defender while the Bucks have an army of more versatile defenders.

Harden was struggling with the hedge to the right style defense that the Bucks incorporated with Gannis and Bledsoe far more than what the Jazz were with Golbert. Golbert can't cover ground like Giannis can.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

The point is they play with "ball movement" and "pushing the pace" and Kawhi is a better than Harden, yet they posted a lower offensive rating than we did against the Jazz, you're not seeing where Im getting at.
    What? They are top two defensive team, they would make offensives(even great ones) lower than their average like how the Bucks did with the Raptors.

Mathloom likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

What? They were number two in defensive efficiency after the Bucks, they have been a defensive powerhouse for a while. Jazz have very good defenders. Rubio, O'Neale,Ingles,Favors, Thabo are all great defenders. Not to mention Quin Snyder is an excellent defensive coach(offensively too).

Mathloom likes this.
  11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Oh you bringing facts?!? Man get out of here with that!
    Harden sucks and needs to be traded for Kyle Korver! Ah yes, there’s a guy who runs off screens and plays the right way!
    We make this deal no matter how crappy Capela, CP3, Gordon, Rivers play against GS, we winning the championship!!

HP3 likes this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Well I never said kawhi is a better offensive player than harden. Hes played better in the playoffs because he's less stagnant imo.

Also, it's unlikely the raptors can beat the warriors with a 109 ortg, though they had a top 5 defense so it's more realistic than the rockets.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol well if being stagnant really had anything to do with it, you would hada a higher offensive rating right???? And no hes not a better offesnvie player than Harden, and his defense doesnt off set that either. Harden is a better player imo.

We didnt have that against the Warriors either, our offense was good against the Warriors, it was our defense that killed us, we needed one or two more pieces and we would have won.

14. Mr. Clutch

This is dumb dude. Can you spell out your argument better?

The fact is harden is much worse than Curry. Curry crushed him easily and has crushed him on a repeated basis.

Part of the reason is that harden refuses to move.

I honestly don't give a crap about kawhi. Kawhi got to the finals with a 109 ortg so it's ok for harden to not move. Is that it? Well kawhi is also an elite defender. Kawhi is more efficient in the playoffs.

Try to make a coherent argument.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Youve said Kawhi is better LOL. Youve talked about all the things Kawhi(and the raptors) do but when they came at a top defense they didnt do as well as us. That is my point.

If that were true why did Curry post worse stats than Harden through out the series. And why do you ignore that Curry plays on the most talented roster in the league. Why do you ignore it?? Its ignorant that you just pass these things off like they dont matter.

LOL, Harden moving or not moving is not the needle mover you are thinking it is, there are far bigger problems and for the last time OFFENSE WAS NOT THE REASON WE LOST. Kawhi is a good defender, hes not elite, he not an impact defender imo. Dont believe me, Danny Green was quoted today saying the same thing today. Kawhi doesnt impact the offense like Harden and he never will and Kawhi has also had a better team surrounding him this entire playoffs. Context man, context. Yea hes done great this POs but I still wouldnt put him above Harden, im fine with people thinking im crazy for it.

Ive made my points here to you many times, you always just ignore them dude. I just go off what you say.

16. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This current entire offensive system is designed to have minimal off-the-ball offensive movement. It's the biggest flaw with this system.

17. Mr. Clutch

I could be forgetting, but I think you're mixing me up with other posters. Kawhi has been better in the playoffs but he's not necessarily better than harden overall. It's closer than for Curry. I'm not the one saying kawhi is a better offensive player and that we should emulate the raptors.

Anyways the point is cp3 thinks it is a needle mover for harden to move. He was complaining about it all year. So why doesn't harden move? What's so bad about it?

HP3 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

What I was getting at was the Raptors do things like "push the pace," "ball movement" and "not wasting the shotclock." And it didnt really stop their offense from dropping against the Bucks, the top defense. And Ive already said what ive said about Curry vs Harden ad nauseam so I wont go there.

Im not saying its bad, and Im not saying Harden shouldnt move. But what I am saying is that if you look at the numbers, our offense was good enough to win. Our defense was a much bigger problem. Yet even when Harden posted good offensive stats people still talk about what more he should do and its honestly getting ridiculous.

19. Texanstradamus

Kawhi is a better offensive player than harden he can score in more ways

20. Texanstradamus

You guys are delusional harden is not better than kawhi these playoffs proved it