1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center Lower Bowl Solution?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperBeeKay, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Why not just hire seat fillers? I know of one....

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

This is one of the more disingenuous topics around our fair city and basketball teams. In fact, I'd put the "Jordan didn't play" is why we have rings as the only topic less worthy of discussion.

They are seats priced for corporate buyers, with business folk taking the seat. There's a reason nobody is questioning the upper bowl.

God bless you if you have the disposable income to spend on frivolity like a $25,000 season ticket. Not here to disparage you, but "we" ain't got it like that. Frankly I don't think I'd start buying them if I won the lottery either, so, there's that. Think there would ever be a seat open if they were like, $80 max?

The problem is they cost too much money for a typical die-hard to afford. The non-typicals don't have the die-hard interest level. Your move Tillman.

BigggReddd and BigM like this.
  3. s3ts

s3ts Member

I bought nosebleeds for 100 on the GSW game (great game, BTW, and worth the price).

I think the corners were 270. I actually didn't do the purchase directly, my friend did and I paid him back. But I remember him telling me corners in the lower bowl were beyond our price range.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's just it. its the GSW. the best of the best. that's just a special circumstance for obvious reasons

but yeah typically any of other games youll find 100 lower level corners/behind the goals easily. definitely less than 270 for even the GS matchup in march right now

5. Garner

Garner Member

And here is the true insanity of your ridiculous suggestion.

Considering the Rockets do not sell out every game, supply is not an issue. So what are you actually talking about?

A less idiotic suggestion would to open up unsold seats at half-time for resell. However, you decided to target folks who purchased a ticket and are not yet in attendance for reasons unknown to you. My guess, is that you're assuming their tardiness is evidence of not being "real fans" and presumably why their seat should be up to the every-man.

Otherwise, you'd look to just purchase the unsold seats, but you didn't. Because your idea is dumb.

So, let's assume that's how this works....tickets not sold pre-game go back up for sale at halftime for a deeply discounted rate.

If I'm a season ticket holder in the lower bowl, you know what sounds terrible? Spending the entire 3rd quarter shuffling up and down as a bunch of folks settle into their new seats. While it would be fun benefit for some fans, it would diminish the fan experience for others.

#85 Garner, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  6. rockets13champs

I think it’s timing (7 pm ) starts, we need 7:30 starts... and more importantly lack of winning

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

The lower bowl will always be trash and filled with empty seats.

the situation hasn’t improved at all and it’s been how many years now...

8. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

The demand overall for tickets is the problem. That is the bottom line. If the demand was higher and people could sell their tickets for even face value (not even mentioning the 20% charge from the rockets to resell individual games from your season tickets) then you would get more passionate fans buying lower bowl tickets from the season ticket holders. The prices are insane and you get people that are more interested in doing business ( being on phone or in a lounge) than watching the game.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm seeing the same "problem" at many other arenas around the league. This isn't just a Houston problem. It's more of an NBA problem.

10. musketoon

musketoon Member

When I had my own business in the area, I managed to rub elbows with many people who had these tickets available from their "company." They openly admitted they never went to the games, didnt really care and often gifted me the tickets if I asked. Sometimes these guys would only go to see the "big" games and really they just overall did not care much at all about it. Sometimes I would sit next to other people in these areas and chit chat and probably 90% of the time, they were in the same situation as me. Someone just gave them to tickets who didnt want to go.

11. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Yup... we have season tickets in the lower bowl. Unless my brother gets Lexus Lounge passes I don't want to go.

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

The TC sells out often enough. I don't know where you get the idea that it doesn't sell out. It sells out because third parties buy tickets at lowest possible prices and resell at slightly higher prices. And also people got wads of cash to burn.

Again with putting words in my mouth. Listen, assclown, as much as I hate your condescending and unwitty blurps here, I'm not here to call you less of a fan for whatever reason. And I never called anyone less of a fan, or even criticized people for their trade ideas, even if I think they're bad. Because we all make mistakes, it doesn't make you less of a fan.

Your assumption when you stare down at the lower bowl from the top that they're not purchased seats is the problem. The problem is that a lot of those seats are taken by people who buy up sections because they got wads of cash they can literally set on fire with no repurcussions.

Don't believe me? Before the game, go check out some websites to see if you can buy any tickets for the lower bowl. And then stare at the massive sea of empty seats which don't fill up until beginning of 2nd quarter. Also, while you're at it, see if you can get a lower bowl seats that are actually empty at an extremely discounted price.

13. Garner

Garner Member

Totally, and while Houston feels like one of the worst cities for this, I was really surprised to tune into last nights Raptors/Sixers game. The North looked like the Toyota Center -- not a compliment.

Anybody have a good resource for reviewing fan attendance by team over time? The league has never been healthier, so it'd be interesting to see attendance numbers and ticket price changes over that type.

14. Garner

Garner Member

Source?

What are you talking about? Tickets are always available. Lets look at this evenings game as a random example....i hope its not sold out!

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

every time i see this thread in the list, in the context of this season, i keep reading Toyota Center Lower Bowel Solution

RocketRed84 likes this.
  16. Garner

Garner Member

[Deleted]

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i noticed the same , its definitely widespread and its not only a problem of low performing teams
    heres OKC s last game and its not like they dont have multiple stars or successful season and tradition of having always stacked homecourt
    [​IMG]

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cheapskates