1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center Lower Bowl Solution?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperBeeKay, Jan 20, 2010.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Looks better on TV

Games would be a bit better if we actually saw fans, not empty seats in the TV view while we watched our game. It was pathetic.

2. sabesque

sabesque Member

this mess again? How about you buy some tickets?

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've sat lower bowl the last 2 games and of course you have your Corporate Uninterested iPhone checkers and what not, but for the most part I was pleasantly surprised to be sitting by some fans who were really into the game and were even cheering.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i've always just walked never had an issue going past the ushers to get into the lower bowl there

i've had plenty of issues though once i got into the lower bowl though

s3ts likes this.
  5. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Its a rescission fool. Anyways.

This is a question for the people that have been to the Toyota center.

1. Whats so special about the Lexus lounge that people pay for a seat at the game yet people stay there drinking beer and watching it on the TV? Couldn't they do that at any bar without paying for the tickets?

2. Is parking there a hassle?

3. Are there groupies at the games scouted the players? I ask because every time they show the crowd on TV, they are always a chicks sitting with their g/fs or sitting alone.

6. blink

blink Contributing Member

this topic comes up all the time.. and always leads to nowhere

7. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

As already stated it will not happen, money talks.

8. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Really? I never knew that. I have been a season ticket holder for ~6 years in the upper bowl and my ticket rep. has given me great mid court first few row tickets before. He randomly finds me in the stadium on gameday and switches tickets with me.

Who do you talk to to get the upgrades?

9. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Box Office. Far window inside the building. Do you get the game night emails with the upgrade opportunity? It says stop by the Box Office outside Section 111. I did for the Miami game to see what was available. It's a deal for people in the upper bowl who want to move down.

10. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Hmmm....Thanks for the info. I haven't been to any games this past 2 seasons; a buddy of mine took over my season tickets when I moved to Michigan. I will let him know about this.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That is the best idea I've heard about this lower bowl issue by far.

12. shsu33

shsu33 Member

This is brought up every so often and nothing ever comes of it but i'll put my two sense in again anyway.
    I think the best way to get ppl's butts back in their seats and not in the east and west lounges during the game so much is to let everyone, including upper bowl, into the east and west lounges. I understand not letting everyone in the Lexus lounge cause you gotta go through the tunnels to get to it and not many fans are allowed in their anyway. If the upper bowl fans and fans behind the baskets were allowed to go to east and west lounges the fans that actually sit in those sections will go back to their seats. Right now its just too comfortable for these fans in the sections to just find a spot in the west lounge where they can still see the game and chill up there. This would not happen at Minute Maid with the 5&7 bar(aka 9 amigos). Trust me, upper bowl fans would fill in these lounges, it would make TC more money (cause the bars around the stadium like jack daniels bar SUCK!) and the seats would fill in the lower bowl. I bet if they would allow this their would even be fans that would give away their seats to upper bowl fans in exchange for their good spot in the east/west lounge's. All you would have to do is ask. I'm an upper bowl regular and if I got to a game early and got a good spot in the east/west lounge and someone came up to me and said, "hey, wanna go sit in my seats down there and I can take your good spot right here." I'd hug them! Simple solution but no one ever does crap about it so I'm really just wasting my time typing away.

13. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Yea, I've noticed the lower section always seems like they can't be bothered about the game. Suits with their phones basically. Maybe it's a good idea? It's not going to change anyway. We need to get a Jack Nicholson.

14. Rox-Oso

Rox-Oso Member

$$$$$ that's y! Most of the real fans don't have $100 + bucks to spend!

15. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

this type of thread pops up a couple times per year...

the rockets wont do anything. its up to the fans to show up.

16. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

They actually had team employees who were going to the upper deck and moving people down to the lower bowl all night for the game tonight. The upper bowl behind the basket was empty and everyone ended up filling the lower bowl. It filled out the lower bowl well and is great for those fans.

Not so great for those who paid for lower bowl seats...

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

the closest thing would be WHAT? :confused:

Here's the closest thing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Those are some awesome pics from the Dynamo games. The fans and team deserve their own arena. That type of fan atmosphere would be pretty intense. Maybe too much so for some?

19. rox81

rox81 Member

Admittedly, the lower bowl is mostly corporate stooges and empty seats.

However, the OP has it wrong when he says that the side shown on TV is more heavily corporate than the other side. In fact, the non-TV side - the side the cheerleaders face, the side with the best courtside seats - is far emptier and has more corporate sponsorship. The side shown on TV, behind Drexler and behind the visiting and home team benches, has more "real fans". Granted, even most of these "fans" seem sedated and they don't arrive till mid-first quarter.

Lower bowl seats can be had on the cheap at flashseats.com. For the Phoenix Suns game this past Sunday a pair of first row seats sold for under $60 each. A premiere Western Conference team playing on a weekend, and Rox fans were not even willing to pay 60 bucks to sit in the first row? Sounds like our fans are lacking in enthusiasm.

Pretty much all of us can afford 1-2 games a year in the lower bowl if we buy them from flashseats.com. Forget about front row seats - there are plenty of $30 seats in the lower bowl all the time. Let someone else pay full price, then buy them below face value on flashseats.com.

If this sounds like an advertisement... it is!

20. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Sat in the Club twice this past weekend.
    Friday against Portland was ok.
    On Sunday vs Suns got the *gasp* and Church Lady look from a Mother and Daughter.
    smh