1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Camry 2015, Honda Accord 2015, or Nissan Altima 2015?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by houstontexans, Oct 14, 2014.

?

Which would you choose?

1. Toyota Camry 2015

21.8%
  2. Honda Accord 2015

56.3%
  3. Nissan Altima 2015

21.8%
  1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Most of 'em are moving on to leasing the Audi A4's now. I guess they got bored of leasing the entry level Beamers.

2. Cranberry_Juice

I stand corrected. :eek:

3. VanityHalfBlack

All 3 of those models are easy accessible to thieves, so I pick neither.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If I were to choose between the 3, I'd pick an Accord EX-L with the 6 cylinder engine and the 6 speed transmission. The camera on the passenger side mirror that displays the blind spot next to you on a large screen in the dash is brilliant. I don't know if the other two have the feature or not (Honda came out with it first), but I test drove one a while back and loved it. Very intuitive. The engine is powerful, and the 6 speed automatic very smooth. I also liked the ride. Not mushy at all. Very tight and easy to handle. It also gets excellent gas mileage for a 6 with an automatic. The 4 comes with the CVT transmission, which I didn't like at all. My significant other has one of those CVT's on our new Subaru Forester, and it bugs the hell out of me. Thank god, she drives it all the time.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Ummm... help the brother out and pick one of the three, man. :eek:

6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I got the Accord Sport last year.

I'd go with the Camry or the Accord due to reliability and resale value.

I chose the Accord because of the sport look and the resale value is a bit better than the Camry because there's so many Camrys' out there.

7. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I agree with you on the camry .. thats ugly

8. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

LEXUS IS250 OR ES250

9. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Kia Optima. I think they look good, are cheap, and have all the latest technology - keyless entry, push botton, double moonroof, bluetooth streaming.

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

the camry is hideous. of course it will sell millions but my gosh..thats a hideous car. I am not hating, I have a 2005 camry. Had a 2000 one before too.

I wouldn't get an Altima again though. The 2010 model we have, just so blah. Feels cheap.

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Accord for sure.

Stereotypes aside (I'm brown), we have three Accords from the past 13 years. They all have driven very well and have had no problems other than 1-2 minor fix ups over the years.

The disadvantage to the Accord is the noise level from the outside. When you're driving across long distances, it can be deafening, but the cars drive very smoothly.

I don't know why, but the Camry's front bumper always hangs low, and I'm not a big fan because of how much scraping happens when driving through steep, hilly areas. I wish they fixed this. Also, this model looks like shiet.

Yeah, from personal experience, go Accord! And to the poster that says they're overpriced, bargaining at Big Star Honda can be done. It takes a good week though. Negotiate a low price and leave if you don't agree. The salesperson calls at your home later that week and budges a bit. Continue negotiations. Win. Drive. Profit.

12. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Go with Honda even though I love my 2013 Passat.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I wonder if all the people crapping on the Altima actually have experience with the model, or if they're just talking out of their ass.

Currently have a 2005 Nissan Altima (bought 7/04), and the only "major" repair I've had so far done on the car, was replacing an engine mount, which cost about $350. Obviously, Altimas have changed since then, but for a 10+ year old car, it's great.

No idea about an Accord or a Camry, but I'm pretty sure either of the three models is worth the price tag.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Have an 09 Altima and I love that friggin car.

15. runamok

runamok Member

I have experiences in both Camry and Accord cars -

2008 LX V6- Loved that look, the ride was so smooth and quiet, and loved the interior (A tree fell on top of it and totaled it during a storm.)

I got the new 2014 Accord EX-V4, model because I just couldn't agree with the way the new Camry looked, could't imagine myself riding it. The new Accord really looks good in my opinion, however I find the ride a lot rougher and more noise. The other good thing is the mileage on the Accord keeps me very happy with that Economy button (its a V4 and the mileage can go upto 40 if you do it right). Not sure if the new Camry has that.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I've owned a Nissan Altima 3.5 SE with a manual transmission (my choice) and friggin loved that car. In fact, my gf also liked it so much she got an Altima coupe 3.5 SE a few years back and that thing is more fun to drive than my G37S coupe.

My mom has owned two Altimas with the 4 cylinder engine. So between four Altimas and around 200k miles between us, we never had a major repair.

The Accord is a nice ride too.

17. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

I guess Honda Accord win.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Just grow a pair and get an F-150.

19. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Honestly guy, just go to the dealerships and test drive all three. Pick the vehicle you like the best with the options you want. Email the dealerships through Edmunds and have them bid against each other to give you the best deal. Wait till the last day or two at the end of the month and they'll give you a better deal.

If you can't commit a few hours of your weekend to do this, then buy the car off a poll you made on a message forum, lol.

20. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

What is everyone's opinion on the Kia Optima? I like the look of that car a lot.