1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toxins from GM crops found in human blood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ToyCen428, May 17, 2011.

1. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Source: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/story/toxin-from-gm-crops-found-in-human-blood/1/137728.html

A botched study or was someone being hushed up?

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I think someone was being hushed up... until they posted under their husband's username in Clutchfans... :eek:

Sadly, it could be passed on to the next generation... :(

3. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Definitely was hushed up. They must have had some ulterior motives. A dark secret they didn't want the people around them to know.

Pretty selfish if you ask me.

4. Precision340

Precision340 Member

resident evil shiet

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Reminds me of the last "House" episode. Quick, somebody get me a scalpel and some major amounts of pain killer.

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Thanks to the massive agricultural lobby in Washington, food producers are not required to label GM crops in the USA. Everyone eats this Monsanto crap.

7. Prince

Prince Member

General Motors?

8. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yup.

google "Agent Orange" and "Anniston Alabama"

10. lpbman

lpbman Member

In twenty years there will be another 1.5 billion people to feed. There is no way to feed that many people without GM crops.

That said, there is no one looking at the big picture with any teeth to say if a 1% Monsanto stock price rise is worth a city of orange children, or ecosystem death by lack of biodiversity or whatever consequences may arise.

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I first thought the same thing...everythings bad for us...

12. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some things are worse... food inc. told me so.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Time for a new Poison Squad!

14. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is awesome. Since bt toxin only interferes with proteins found in insect membranes, I want as much bt toxin in my blood as possible. I would absolutely love to be toxic to b*stard mosquitoes with no adverse biological effects to myself.

BTW, if you do a little googling, you'll find that (contrary to the article's assertion) people have known about and been measuring the levels of the relevant protein for quite a while in human blood - I found articles that were 5+ years old. And I can find no claims that people believed prior to the publication of this study that people believed that it was broken down in the stomach. Again, the proteins are safe because they appear to only have effect on a specific group of proteins only found in a limited number of insects.

In fact, I can't remember a single toycen428 posted article that wasn't rife with falsehoods. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. If toycen428 posts it, there is going to be something misleading in it that can be discovered with minimal fact checking.