1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tough Schedule ahead for houston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Next Big Thing, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

Alas the season is not too young to make predictions....

Trolls will be trolls...but here are my unargueably correct predictions (which will be proven wrong once they actually play the games ;) )

My predictions:
    12 Tue Portland = W
    15 Fri @ Phoenix = W
    17 Sun @ L.A. Lakers =L
    19 Tue Cleveland =W
    21 Thu @ Dallas =L
    22 Fri Washington =W
    24 Sun @ L.A. Clippers =L
    26 Tue @ Portland =L
    27 Wed @ Golden State =W
    29 Fri @ Seattle = L

We have a chance of winning the two L.A. games, yes the Lakers included, they're without Shaq.

We have a shot at losing the Phoenix game as well.

So I say we'll be close to 8-7 once the next 10 games are over. Hey I said its not too early to make predictions, but it is definitely too early to make ACCURATE predictions.

2-8? Only if we don't see a passing offense.

SHeeSH...anybody else having DejaVu?...

...these Yao Ming bandwagonners remind of all the Pippenites that jumped over here in 99... :( Give our player more minutes...center the offense around him. They failed to remember that there was still a #34 active on the roster...just like the Mingsters don't realize we have Francis and some other quality ppl.

2. JLB

JLB Member

We shouldn't consider this thread a "TROLL THREAD"

Granted some of his other threads are awful, but here all the lady/guy did was state his/her opinion for the up coming schedule. At least she/he did the research to find out when the Rockets were playing and whom they were playing. So to the credit of, "Next Big Thing" (as she/he wants to be called) this thread does not show that she/he is a "TROLL"

This really is her/his best thread to date:rolleyes:

3. AsianBoy

AsianBoy Contributing Member

Rocketsause please man don't bring the Ming thing up in here we are talking about predictions. My user name is Asianboy but I was register long before Ming was even a rocket so don't look at post counts. Senior members think they are better because they have a lot of $hit to say but it is not always good $hit. I like to read the good threads like everyone here but people come here and call others trolls because they are senior members. It's a status symbol when you become a senior member on the BBS. That's pretty sad!!!:rolleyes:

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It has nothing to do with being a senior member. It is about coming onto the board and spouting out stuff that is not true. Like 7 out of 10 of our next opponents are above .500.

Its worst than me going onto a nuggets or cavaliers board and saying they are going to lose the rest of their games because they have the least talented teams in the league. I would be wrong because no team loses all of their games, but at least there is some validity to that where there is almost no validity to the original statement.

We are on a rockets board, so expect to get bashed when you predict the team is going to go 2-8 against mostly scrub teams.

5. Nero

Nero Member

Well, at first I thought this next big thang had to be a Golden
    State fan, but then I realized that A) Golden State fans don't
    know how to use computers, and B) there really aren't any
    anyway.

So, then it dawned on me, based on the tone of the posts from
    this 'person', and the 'trade Ming' slant, he must be a Knicks fan.

It's pretty funny, since Houston has historically had an inferiority
    complex about itself for years and years (admit it guys), to see all
    the Houston-bashing coming from New Yawk, da big apple.

hehehehe No matter how hard they try, they can never seem to
    wash off the stink of losing the NBA Ring to Houston..

I love it!

;)

ciao

6. mav3434

mav3434 Member

I got it which means I seriously need to get a f-ng life.

7. shuttle

shuttle Member

I love how you call yourself a Rocket fan after you say something like this.
    Well don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out of the forum.

Troll:rolleyes:

8. aries323

aries323 Member

I wouldn't come into CC.net and say that the Rox are going to lose the next 8 out of 10 games. Especially when you know that this is a ROCKETS board. Don't expect the biggest Rockets fans to pat you on the back for your immature predictions. Some people just know more... and you can either learn from their knowlege or challenge them with your opinion which has no foundation of facts, but just subjective ideas. We will win more than you think. 2 years ago we won 45 games... the highest ever to not make the playoffs. What makes you think that the team from 2 years ago with addition of Ming and Nachbar, Griffin and 2 more years of experience by the rest of the team, won't or aren't going to be better.:rolleyes:

Some people are S.O.S..... Stuck on Stupid:rolleyes:

9. CoPilot

CoPilot Member

Next Dumb Thing ...you are prime and I mean PRIME example for my call to have atleast 100 post before you can start a thread

gawd 1st trade Yao then this crap

Any more dumb things you want us to waste out time on...:confused:

10. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

NBT is certainly not a avid rocket fan, but why do people feel the need to pile on? Just rebute the facts and state our own opinions would be much better.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Best post on this thread by far. Good detective work. Sniffing out the Yankee dudos.:D :D

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

What a true fan you are! I mean every fan calls their team a bunch of losers and boring when they're above .500. But if you want predictions about a team you called a bunch of losers I predict that the Next Big Troll will have a short life on this BBS, and that you will only appear following a Rockets loss, which will happen less frequently then you think.

#52 RocksMillenium, Nov 11, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2002
  13. AsianBoy

RocktesMillium another senior member jumping in to talk $hit again can't you guys get a life and just stick to the predictions thread and everyone will have a good laugh latter on when November is over. I don't understand why you guys have to jump on everyone who is opionion is different then your own. Maybe you guys need to get a life. Being fans does not make you blind to the fact that the Rockets are playing pitiful basketball.

14. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Asianboy,

My OPINION is that you are a loser and I PREDICT that everyone else here agrees.

15. AsianBoy

Freak please don't post if you can't read or write so go back to bed and make sure you don't wet your pants. Didn't your mamma teach you that if you have nothing good to say then shut up. Please stick with the prediction because all the senior members are calling people trolls and they know that the rockets need to play better basketball if they are going to get fans.

16. drapg

drapg Member

for the love of god, will someone lock this?

17. shuttle

shuttle Member

Asian boy, you keep telling everyone to stay on the topic of the thread.......so hypocritical.
    I don't think the Senior members are jumping anyone just because they are new and you are a perfect case in point. It's just that they understand the importance of logical and informative posts that create constructive conversation. Threads such as this one are only made to get a rise out of people. Most senior members are responding to people who say the kind of things that you say. No one wants people in the forum making comments that lack constructive points. The comment above shows that you're not a Rocket fan. Maybe you can redeem yourself by posting some well thought out criticisms about the Rockets. Otherwise, expect these comments from senior members and others.

18. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yes my post counts make me a veteran with enormous powers! Once I get to 10,000 posts I plan to challenge Clutch for control of the BBS. I will show them who the true master of the Clutchcity BBS is! HAHAHA! Seriously, you're telling us to get a life yet you're whining because we're not making prediction about the Rockets won-loss record in November? I mean really who cares? For the record people are jumping on you because you called the Rockets a bunch of losers. You basically said once they fall apart in November it will show they are a bunch of losers. And that makes you a fan? And since when is 3-2 pitiful basketball and makes you think they're "a bunch of losers"?

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I disagree.

He called the rockets losers once, stipulated on the fact that they could have a bad month and end up with a bad record, which, in combination with last year's performance, would make them losers. He never said it was anything other than his opinion.

As for the other guy...I just think he is dumb and hasn't put any thought into any of his ideas. But it is always safer to play nice, cause you wouldn't want the Rockets to go and actually lose 10 of their next 12 and then have to come back to this thread and look like an ass. I don't think it will happen, I'd bet seriosuly large amounts of money on it not happening, but you never know.

20. AsianBoy

Shuttle did you even read the thread. Next Big Thing puts up a preditction with some back up information and all the senior members jump on him calling him a troll. Post counts are only tool that Clutch made a mistake installing in the BBS. Why put in post counts to divide the members from senior members? Everyone has an opinion, do we give more credit to the senior member, Yes. But don't jump on someone's post if he has not done anything to deserve it. Maybe in the past his post may not be up to standards with the over critical opionion of the senior member but let him state his mind. Just stick with the facts in the thread and everyone will have fun. That is the purpose of the BBS not a status symbol. Senior memebers call new posters trolls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.