1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Totals - Harden v. Giannis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That goes without saying, ESPN.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@durvasa isnt ESPN he is just trying to be objective and doing an admirably good job of it

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Do we really need 20 threads in garm trying to convince this fanbase that Harden should win MVP?

The award is already decided, some of the voters have already leaked their votes on reddit and it's overwhelmingly in the favor of Giannis.

It doesn't matter what we think, the media has already decided Harden won't win another MVP. It's pointless to argue about it here.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ppl need something to talk about its a long time until the playoffs

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hard to do that when you don't play as much...voluntarily

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Guys wins matter this is why Harden should have won over Westbrook and why Giannis will win over Harden. Its not a robbery

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

@SamFisher I appreciate the thread.

Even if you're not a Rockets fan, this award is simple based on numbers.

But, when you look at the roster James had around him during those amazing games, the MVP award shouldn't even be debatable.

The only scenario where I could accept James not winning MVP is if he found out the day BEFORE the playoffs. I'd expect him to bring Hakeem's energy and rage with him and decimate the competition.

I also think the consistent struggle for James to be recognized as the obvious MVP, and for numerous seasons where he should have won but did not, has a racial undertone to it. It's a D&D topic, but there is more than an NBA reason that James is not "preferred" to Steph, Giannis and or even Durant. Some of this comes down to color or stereotypical values. Seriously unfortunate.

8. SORF

SORF Member

Giannis Antetokounmpo
    2018 ...

2014 points | 753 rebounds | 361 assists | 109 steals | 106 blocks
    1964 points
    889 rebounds
    421 assists
    91 steals
    107 blocks
    Not much improvement.

James Harden

2191 points | 389 rebounds | 630 assists | 126 steals | 50 blocks
    2749 points
    494 rebounds
    574 assists
    155 steals
    57 blocks

Who's been the better MVP? I guess Harden could also win MIP.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I know. Durvasa likes playing devils advocates.

Just messing with him,

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Got 30 in after 3rd.

11. Handles

Handles Member

I don’t really buy all that race stuff. I think it’s more about business. Giannis is new, fresh, young, while Harden has a stigma. Popularity matters, but I don’t think Harden is unpopular because he’s got darker skin. It’s more about reputation and lazy casual viewers.

NBA also wants to establish as many superstars as possible, and MVP goes a long way for that.

Plus, Giannis is with Nike, Harden is with Adidas... if you’ve ever read shoe dog you know how Nike chases athletes and holds grudges.

As much as we hate it, Harden is old news. Giannis is new. NBA is a business and MVP is controlled by media.