1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tostitos BCS Championship Game: No. 1 Auburn vs. No. 2 Oregon

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 4, 2010.

?

Who will win?

1. Auburn Tigers

53.9%
  2. Oregon Ducks

46.1%
  1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I hope Oregon wins. I'm tired of seeing the SEC take it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tostitos fan, eh? :)

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lets go Pac-10!

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's going to be great about this game is both teams are second half teams. This game isn't likely to be blowout and I look forward to very exciting 4th qt.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Oregon's thuggery lately has made it hard for me to cheer for them, but Auburn is even worse, especially with this whole Cam Newton thing brewing. Plus, Oregon as an institution just blows Auburn out of the water.

So, go Ducks.

1 person likes this.
  6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I don't know why but I don't want Auburn to win.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the game was played next week, i would be much more confident with Oregon as the winner. But with several weeks to plan, I give Auburn a better chance.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

why do people keep saying the Cam Newton thing is brewing, isn't it settled?

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

He has been cleared to play, not cleared of the charges.

In other words, "to be continued".

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

For all the talk about Cam Newton, I don't think he's Auburn's best player. Nick Fairley is unbelievably good. I'd guess that he is nearly as strong as Ndamukong Suh, and maybe a little quicker. Oregon's Offensive Line hasn't faced anyone like Fairley, and I'd expect it to really put a damper on their production.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Fairley is the singular reason I give Auburn the edge. He is a difference-maker that Oregon cannot come close to matching. He and Cam Newton will be the two best players in the game and one of them will always be on the field.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

should be a great game...Although I'm looking forward to the TCU v Wisc game as well...

Cam Newton is a beast and he'll be displaying his talents to a national audience, after winning the Heisman...

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I will watch but I don't care who wins.

14. Asian Sensation

Our defense is underrated and our offense is every bit as good as advertised. We will expose sCam Newton and win it all. Auburn hasn't seen anything close to us in terms of speed, depth and talent.

We'll see how much of a factor Fairley is against our speed/spread/veteran O-line.

It's going to be close in the first half and then we'll blow them out in the 2nd half like we always do.

GO DUCKS!

15. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

Asian Sensation,

You play in the Pac 10! Your ducks have enjoyed the easiest path to the BCS Championship game EVER. You only beat one legit team, and Fairley will break LaMichael James in half.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/12/08/bcs-process/1.html

p.s.- The sCam newton thing is very original. I've never heard that before. That's like me saying, "Auburn is going duck hunting." Give me a break.

16. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

And sorry to double post, but I wouldn't be thinking that Oregon has the superior offense if I were you. I'll take 43 ppg in SEC over 49 ppg in pac 10 everytime.

17. Asian Sensation

We've had doubters all season long and we're used to being the underdog. I'm glad Auburn is going in as the #1 seed and I'm even happier Cam Newton is going to win the Heisman.

Yes... Auburn has had one of the toughest if not the toughest road to the National Championship game and I'm glad you guys held up your end of the bargain because all these things are just going to make it that much sweeter when we beat you.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Drinking too much SEC kool-aid. Half of this post is full of bull ****.

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

bandwagoner...

20. ThaShark316_28

Auburn 48
    Oregon 45 F/OT

I want to see if Thomas can throw constantly. Nick Fairley could change this game.