1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tostitos BCS Championship Game: No. 1 Auburn vs. No. 2 Oregon

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 4, 2010.

?

Who will win?

1. Auburn Tigers

53.9%
  2. Oregon Ducks

46.1%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Forward progress was stopped too.....terrible way to end a game.

DD

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

A couple of thoughts on last night's game:

1) Disappointed like many others that the score wasn't higher - I was really hoping we would have a 45-42 game but credit the defenses on both sides for stepping up.

2) Like others have said, having to wait 37 days for this game to be played is a joke and obviously affected both teams. If we are going to continue with this flawed system, it would be nice to the see the NC game played on New Year's day or the day after (then we only have close to a 30 day wait, yipee!)

3) If there was a 16 team tournament that was simulated by ESPN or anybody else of the last 16 college footballl national champions, this Auburn team would be the #16 seed. They were a VERY underwhelming NC, IMO.

4) If Nick Fairley comes out early and gets drafted by my Broncos, I will QUIT being a Broncos fan. Yes, Fairley is good but he is a dirty player and I hate his guts.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I always lol when people trying to distinguish between the "hand" and "wrist" touching the ground.

Really, guys?

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The Dyer play - it is a shame that the game had to be decided by it. Makes you wonder what the replay referee was looking at.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The game kind of sucked.

VY's legacy is certainly safe.

Oregon might do well to learn that you can't zone read off interior D linemen if they have a modicum of speed and quickness. (It also helps if you have a QB who can make the right read.)

I thought the Auburn O-line played pretty well.

Auburn was stupid to keep running Newton when it was clear from his movements and facial expressions that he was hurt. (That fumble was quasi-predictable and if they had ended regulation in a tie, I don't think they would have been able to keep pace in an OT situation.)

White guy receiver for Oregon impressed a little.

Chizik looked quite fake post-game, but maybe he just has one of those used car salesmen personalities. Dude wins bowl games though.

With 4 O-line seniors and Cam leaving, my guess is that Auburn takes a significant downturn next year.

Duck QB came across as a piece of the offense, but not the leader.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seemed like he was always moving forward. Even if that was the case, refs do not automatically call the play dead the instant that a RB stops going forward...they give them a chance to make a play.

yeah, it's a little comical. It was the right call.

I don't know why people are saying the ending was horrible...other than the fact the team they were going for ended up losing. It would have been nice to see the offenses not so rusty but that's what happens when you don't play for a month.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I remember the days of being overwhelmed by the major bowl games on New Years Day. It was an awesome event. Now that the games are stretched out thin and the BCS Title Game isn't until the 2nd week of January, I pretty much skip bowl season. But it's all about money (advertising dollars).

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

PLAYOFFS NOW!!!

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Having all the bowls on ESPN kind of sucks. Just doesn't feel right.

10. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqkAEWVNj6I&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqkAEWVNj6I&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

There is no clear indication of where the hand stops and the forearm begins in the rule book, it is completely subjective interpretation on every call. So that video has about as much meaning as if I showed you two separate instances of pass interference on a play where one was called and one was not.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

In the arkansas-osu game, by wrist they mean back of his other hand (wrist) which does touch the ground. That is by definition down.