1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toss The Intro Page

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by ElGrandeQueso, Jul 3, 2001.

1. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

Clutch,
    With all do resect to your flash opening, which is nice, I think the enrty page of the site is worthless. When 100% Quitten Free was up, it had more value, but now is just a waste of time where us Clutchies(like Jim Rome's clones) have to push 'Come on In!'. Please don't take this as negative, but I just think it will save seconds of all of your user's lives. Also, I think it might be noteworthy that www.JazzFanz.com has copyed it and you should see to getting that changed. Thanks.

------------------
    Mmm Queso.

2. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

3. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

Yeah I know. I just don't see the need for the entry page period.

------------------
    Mmm Queso.

4. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Damn those Jazz fans really wish they were Rox fans. Coppying clutch's intro like that. You should sue, Lhutz could represent you.

------------------
    ~John~
    Help keep the obsessed thread alive post the reasons why you are an obsessed Rockets fan by clicking here

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've gotta agree. I've always cringed at sites I go to, then have to click to enter. I just said I wanted to go in by typing the URL and now you're asking me to click again to go in? WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?!?! [​IMG]

------------------
    This space awaiting something witty to be said in a long, slow off-season...

6. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I never go through the intro page, but I think it adds a little to the site for people visiting for the first time.

I say keep it.

------------------

If those dirty rat bast@rds at JazzFanz.com really copied your intro, I say this means war.

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am with DREAMer. I think it was a cool thing to see the first time I entered, and maybe once or twice since. After that, I just bookmarked the main page, and there was no problem. It isn't hurting anything, I see no reason to eliminate it.

------------------
    I would rather have Mo Taylor and his love of the Rockets than Webber and his love of our money.

Rocket's need power forward. Mo near now. Go near Mo.

8. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

It's a splash screen, honor it.

You can always type in the rockets.cfm or bbs.clutchcity.net or whatever.

9. Band Geek Mobster

Is it that hard to click "Come on in"?

Are you that pressed for time that you can't handle using the extra second to click on the link?

------------------
    This post contains no smilies, you must judge my seriousness on your own...

10. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

It's not the time, I just feel it is kind of pointless.

------------------
    Mmm Queso.

11. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Its ain't so bad, but if theres gonna be an intro, it might as well be a bit more fancy.

Some flash of Stevie, dunks rolling by and the old school believe it again pics.
    Ya know a little Rockets history in just a few seconds.

Is that stuff expensive?

------------------
    "And we have mechanical means of representing objects in nature, such as the camera and the photograph. The modern artist is expressing an inner world, expressing the energy, the motion, and other inner forces. The modern artist is working with space and time, and expressing his feelings rather than illustrating."
    -Jackson Pollock

12. Summer Song Giver

"And with the second pick in the 1999 NBA Draft the vancouver grizzlies select Steve Francis"

------------------

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's not a time thing. If you have a door to your house and after immediately opening that door encounter another door, I wonder what you would say.

"Gosh gee, Wally, it's another door, and I don't know why it's there, but hey, I'm not going to question it".

... you've been a lot crankier ever since the answer was 4 seconds, ya know. [​IMG]

------------------

14. Band Geek Mobster

We've got one of those, it's called a screen door, it hasn't bothered me yet...

------------------

15. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

Dr of Dunk, well said.

------------------
    Mmm Queso.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dr of Dunk,

You are living in the past. We have transporter technology now (bookmarks and MRU finishing of URLs) so you don't have to go through all those Maxwell Smart doors anymore.

17. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

actually, guys, i'm not sure if this is the case on this server...

but I do know that a lot of webservers will only recognize pages with .htm or .html or mayyyyybe .shtml as the main page, and all of the pages on cc.net are .cfm...so therefore clutch has to use that entry page, if that makes any sense

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Your logic is faulty. Your screen door serves a purpose, silly boy; it can let air in and keep bugaboos out.

... try again!

------------------

19. Band Geek Mobster

What the hell are you talking about?

"If you have a door to your house and after immediately opening that door encounter another door, I wonder what you would say."

Where does it say in that statement that both doors have to serve the same purpose?

You said 2 doors, I gave you 2 doors...

I think that entrance looks nice, it's like a doormat, you wipe your feet off on it and then you enter the site.

Do you guys like to go to other people's houses and tell them how to decorate the place also?

------------------

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Well said BGM [​IMG]

------------------
    "Bada Bing!"