1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toronto trades for Rudy Gay

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RoxTurk, Jan 28, 2013.

1. what

what Member

How did you get from my post all of that? :confused::confused::confused:

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's a distinct Toronto brown accent.

3. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I can't tell if the Raptors' decisions are terrible because they're so constrained in free agent market by being in Canada with their higher tax structure or if the front office is just incompetent. They are so desperate for anything that sniffs of talent that they consistently way overpay.

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Did Rudy Gay hit yet another game-winner tonight?

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

**** Toronto. They are desperate just to make the 8 spots or just barely make the playoff. Give this Ed Davis kid a chance. Toronto real problem is the coaching. Get a freaking real coach for goodness sake.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yep. Toronto is determined to suck, whatever the cost. I feel bad for their fans.

7. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Lowry - DNP back spasms today ...

Seems to be injured much more frequently in the last couple of seasons ...

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yes, his style of play is not sustainable like for example Steve Nash's. He is 6'0" and relies on plowing into the lane and slamming into big men. It's hard on his body.

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Toronto wants Gay and Arthur. I could see a trade working. I think maybe Rudy could be on Durant's Level in the East....

Toronto trades:
    Bargnani
    Calderon

OR

Bargnani
    Lowry
    Kleiza

Grizzlies Trade:
    Gay
    Arthur

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The fanbase should be just fine as long as they keep winning games which I think they would. I suspect that there would be a 2rd team involved because Calderon and Davis are too expensive and good to be backups for Zach and Conley. Calderon and Davis should be worth some good pieces for someone which would more than replace Gay's play and the bench they lost in the last trade.

In fact, I think the Rocket's might be kind enough to help you out:

[​IMG]

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You are seriously the most broken-clock poster in the universe.

Sure, like we Rudy Gay is now pretty much universally recognized as one of the worst contracts in the league, an average player who has peaked but at a luxury cost, and the first order of business for Memphis for the last few months has been to find some way to get rid of him. I he's a broken clock.

But, the 2 times a day out of 24 hours of the time that long-range 2, the worst shot in basketball, and Rudy Gay's specialty, actually goes in?

Here's Kwame here to school all the h8rs!!!! Burn! See you in 12 hours bro.

[​IMG]

12. Nook

Nook Member

Sounds to me like Memphis is trying to push off their over priced garbage and there are no takers so they are trying to manufactor interest.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Always knew the Raptors had Gay tendencies

14. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Any intelligent Grizzlies fan should be itching to get rid of Rudy Gay.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its because of his salary that he becomes a bad player. You gotta take their salaries into account this isnt 2k. BC is horrible, didnt they give derozan 10m a year, and draft ross last year? Now he wants another sf lol.

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>In engagement of 3rd teams for possible Rudy Gay-to-Toronto deal, Raptors struggling to find landing spot for Jose Calderon, sources tell Y!</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/296327658822840320">January 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Maybe I'm off, but I would think Ed Davis would have to go to another team also. The Grizzlies already have Gasol, Z-Bo & Arthur.
    I guess they may already have found a taker or two for Davis, but not Calderon.

Edit: I missed the part of the Raptors being interested in Arthur as well. Still, Gay and Arthur for Ed Davis and whatever a third team would send for Calderon? I'm not a huge Gay guy by any means and I do think the Grizzlies would be better of by trading him, but you really can't do better than this?

#37 HMMMHMM, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  18. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

I like this trade but i would do a little change to it. i would add Morris going to Tor. and taking Delfino out from memphis. and instead of Delfino i would send douglas. and L. Fields to ATL and D. Stevenson to Tor. so finally it looks like

Houston In: Smith, ED Davis
    Houston Out: Aldrich, Parson, Morris, Patterson, Douglas

Tor In: Gay, Morris, Stevenson
    Tor out: Calderon, Fields, Ed Davis

Atl In: Calderon, Dields, Patterson
    Atl out: Smith, stevenson

Mem in: Aldrich, douglas, Parsons and maybe picks
    Mem out: Gay

what do you guys think????

19. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

Why complicate things by trying to get ATL involved since they're in limbo. Wait until deadline day (so you know that Smith, Millsap, etc. is not an option) and make this deal happen:

HOU in: Calderon
    HOU out: Aldrich, Douglas

TOR in: Gay
    TOR out: Davis, Calderon

MEM in: Davis, Aldrich, Douglas, picks
    MEM out: Gay

This deal gives Memphis a young cheap player and cap relief at the end of the season. It gives us a legit PG to split time with Lin going into the postseason and ends up off the books at the end of the year.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why they wanna trade him? Bunch of dumbasses. Get Rudy gay and get rid of Jose.