1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toronto signs Biyombo to a 2-year, 6 million deal

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by omgTHEpotential, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

This is a bargain for what he is getting paid,but He wont further develop. He is what he is. Good Big Man Defense, and the occasional offensive putback. He is a good rebounder tho,ill give him that.

Watching a lot of Bobcat/Hornet games he is nothing special.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

I had this exact thought as soon as I read this thread title.

I bet he could develop some offense in Pop's system.

3. malakas

malakas Member

He has other things to develop first. Not fouling that much and defensive rotations.
    Unfortunately the raptors are very bad in developing young players. So..don't see him developing.

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

In addition wooden door doesn't eat

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow so much hate for Biyombo did he spit on your drink or something? First of all Biyombo just signed to 3M PER...thats just equivalent to vet min or the amount we paid Royce White. If he was getting paid for potential with just 3M how much potential are the Raps expecting from him exactly? Secondly are guys like Aaron Baynes or Kousta Kofous significantly better than Biyombo? I see them on them more or less on the same level, and yet these guys are getting paid 2-4x as much.

Biyombo is extremely raw, but at that price he is worth it esp. with the cap increasing. I'd rather have Biyombo as my 3rd/4rth string big man making 3M a year than Koufous or Baynes as my starter at 7M or 12M a year.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol got my numbers all wrong Baynes gonna get 6M per and Koufous is gonna get 8.5M per. Not to mention Derrick Williams getting 5M per...are people really hating on Biyombo for 3M per? Its a freaking bargain I'd love it if we had Biyombo locked up to a 5 year contract at that price.

7. spark06

spark06 Member

Some of these posters are ****ing jokes. This is a STEAL for a legitimate backup defender without even considering the market. If we want to consider the market, then this is hands down one of the best value deals out there so far. People crowning Morey for Brewer's contract but balking at this?! Lol. 3 million?! Put the crack pipe down.

8. spark06

spark06 Member

1.5 blocks/gm and 6.4 rebs/gm in only 19 mins/gm. How is that NOT a bargain at 3 mil? #17 in the LEAGUE in BLOCKS PER GAME as a BACKUP?! You're a fool. Most people don't know **** about basketball.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

GREAT value with potential upside !

10. spark06

spark06 Member

Who said anything about him getting starters minutes? Stay on point. Nobody said he should be a starter or will ever be one. What I did say is that Biyombo is putting up great numbers for a backup in LIMITED minutes, proving his worth on this contract. And that's the bottom line.

11. spark06

spark06 Member

Lol @ production per minute stats are trash. So I guess Harden's 27.4pts/gm in 36.8mpg is not indicative of the type of scorer he is or what we should expect from him right? Funny. Real funny.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did you even read the post I was responding to? I was commenting on his point.

13. spark06

spark06 Member

Even so...I still respond with....Lol @ production per minute stats are trash. So I guess Harden's 27.4pts/gm in 36.8mpg is not indicative of the type of scorer he is or what we should expect from him right? Funny. Real funny.

14. spark06

spark06 Member

I think you are confusing per minute stats with per 48 stats. BIG DIFFERENCE.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll be Cap'n Obvious here:

For players like Harden averaging 35+ mins/game, production per minute stats aren't even necessary. It's for low minutes guys and just extrapolates numbers to 36 mins. Assuming production would be maintained is foolhardy.

I guess you've never ever discussed this subject with anyone before.

16. spark06

spark06 Member

I guess you've never actually watched the Hornets before. Ever consider the reason Biyombo doesn't get starters minutes is because he is backing up one of the remaining true offensive centers (& former ALL STAR) in the NBA? This team was desperately lacking in the scoring department. Why the hell would Biyombo get minutes over Jefferson? It's hard to entertain your tunnel vision.

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

seems like a reasonable deal compare to some of the other offers for limited offensive centres, particularly those former sad rockets with stone hands

18. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Biyombo is a good player for what he does,but he is not just magically going to start getting a jumpshot or a beastly to go post move. He is going into his fifth year already and has almost zero offense. He doesnt have great work ethic and came into the league as raw as you can be.

19. omgTHEpotential

Which is fine for what he's getting per year.

20. spark06

spark06 Member

And the Raptors won't need that from him. What was Amir Johnsons go-to post move? The answer is he didn't have one. All they want is rebounding and defense from Biyombo. 3 million a year for a guy who was 17th in blocks is a great deal.