1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top Free Agents Available for 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ivenovember, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Cassel? Yikes. Full tank mode for Winston I guess.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yes it is these guys. Norhing is for sure unless it comes directly from the horses mouth. Everything we see is all speculation between media and "sources".

You would be happy with a guy like Cassel as your starting QB. Before coming to that conclusion you should probably as yourself, why would a guy like Andy Reid release a guy outright and then waste a high draft pick on another QB if he felt this guy was capable of winning?

Also you should learn how to spell your "future QBs" last name. Its Cassel not Cassell.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a matter of what would make me happy, odds are BOB doesn't want to set a rookie QB up for failure by throwing them immediately to the wolves, especially since there isn't any top tier QB talent in this draft class.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah yeah your opinion, its like an *******, its full of ****. Isn't that how the saying goes?

And of course now you wouldn't be happy with Cassel make up your mind. Seriously. :rolleyes:

Oh and they stated that regardless of what round 1st or last tthey'll have a rookie at QB with a veteran to help transition him in smoothly. Therefore any QB can be brought up as "having interest in" that's on the open market this year.

As I said these guys pick anyone that has ties to the Pats and somehow fit them will Bill. Just because he "knows the system" doesn't mean he's a legit starting QB in the NFL. Leinart knew our system why didn't we bring him back last season when we sucked ass. Cause he SUCKS ASS like Cassel.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You seem a bit upset, perhaps you should take a time out and try to catch your breath. I know that you aren't happy that the Texans aren't going to pick the guy you want, but there's no reason to blow up about it. I promise it's going to be okay.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Hilarious.

This is what you resort to when you know you're wrong.

What a loser. C'mon if you can't handle the topic of debate don't respond to my posts.

Oh and once again the oh so knowledgeable bobby gives us a glimpse into the future KNOWING that the Texans will not chose "my guy". Please dude, get over yourself.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most intelligent thing you have ever suggested and I agree there's no point seeing your ridiculous posts anymore. Goodbye.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Finally.

9. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

I hear the Redskins are HOT over ILB Joe Mays... can someone tell me about this kid? I heard hes a decent ILB but can also play special teams

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Joe Mays is a hard hitter who is good against the run, but is awful in coverage.

11. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

One guy that could unbelievably fall into FA is Western Kentucky's star ILB Andrew Jackson. His tackling technique is spot on and watch the way he scythes through the line to get at the QB or RB.
    Has great prototypical size for a LB as well. If this kid was out of an SEC team, he is in the second round at least.
    CBS has him around 257, but I bet he goes before the sixth.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Would be a great fit in BoB scheme as a Vereen clone
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Darren Sproles was in Houston tonight talking with former Houston DT Travis Johnson about the Texans. <a href="http://t.co/DI8JEQJzsp">pic.twitter.com/DI8JEQJzsp</a></p>&mdash; Ron Hatfield (@SHSBulldog00) <a href="https://twitter.com/SHSBulldog00/statuses/442536188071907328">March 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I love what sproles does on the field, would love to have him on the team

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Holy s*** that would be one heck of a pickup. Do your job Rick

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Rick's got no money for luxuries.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I wish we had an RB that could catch out of the backfield!

Oh, right...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Counting on foster sure seems smart.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's a herniated disc. Not pancreatic cancer.

And if you're worried about the longevity of the current roster, signing a 31 year old isn't exactly my idea of smart either.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Foster has a herniated character. Running backs start to break down and don't often come back.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Thank you. Anyone who's watched Sproles over the last two seasons knows he's in decline. His game is predicated on speed and quickness and both of those are falling off. It's clear we need to add another RB, and I'd be more than happy to sign Sproles for the $1 mil deal we gave Forsett, but even if we sign Sproles we still need to find a handcuff for Foster.