1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top Free Agents Available for 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ivenovember, Jan 9, 2014.

1. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

***Should be $66 million in that example***

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Teams have a week to lock up FAs-to-be, and <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a> are working to do so with TE Garrett Graham. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Packers&amp;src=hash">#Packers</a> will have interest if he’s free</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/440856930559348736">March 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Garrett Graham will wind up in Green Bay. Too good to pass up for him, personally and financially.

4. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Lol...you correct. What I meant to say was anyone of those guys between Byrde, Arakpo, and Edleman would be excellent for this team. That would be over less spot we would have to worry about in the draft.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, Willie "cigar" Jefferson is a FA again, it seems that the Bills took our garbage home, sniffed it, then threw it away themselves.

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Tj ward or Jarryus Byrd are guys we should go after...we really suck at safety

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

And also Julius edleman he would be great in the slot for us ...especially for a young qb

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not this year, we don't have much cap space and we already have 2 guys at safety who will certainly still be with the team in Manning and Swearinger, Keo is almost certainly staying as well. They might address it in the later rounds of the draft, but if not, it'll be next year before there is any serious shakeup at that position.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

More Cassel speculation blah blah blah

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Fully expect Matt Cassel to hit the open market March 11. He's still been talking to MIN but nothing close. I anticipate he lands in Houston</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/441414582931058688">March 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

if the eagles get either of them, we would fill so many of our holes, im just worried about giving them the money they will receive. we only have 4.2 million in safeties including the garbage patrick chung who i hope gets cut

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ew no thanks. If you guys think Andrew Luck is a turnover machine wait till this guy gets another starting QB job.

I hate how these guys keep trying to match us up with these glorified career backup QBs just because of BOBs patriot ties. First Mallet now Cassell. No thanks to either.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not "these guys" doing it, the Texans and BOB have general interest in Cassell, He's a vet that knows what BOB runs, it's not a move that makes me happy, but they have always been talking about bringing in a vet and who better?

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If BoB insists on bringing in someone he's familiar with because he's such a bozo, I'd rather just trade the #1 pick for the Raiders' pick, a future 2 and McGloin, than bring in that boring ass Schaub 2.0

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Thankfully you don't get to make the decisions. You'd rather trade the first pick for McGloin than pick up a FA? Wow.

16. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

If BoB brings in "his guy" in a vet FA that he has worked with....SMH!

He may not have Kubiak's personality, but it is starting to appear he has his loyalty. This could get ugly fast.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a matter of "loyalty" it's a matter of not wanting to ruin a rookie QB by throwing them to the wolves while they are trying to figure out a VERY complicated offensive system.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wouldn't, but since BoB needs a comfort blanket I'd rather do that than watch Matt Cassel - I'd at least like to have fun while my team is losing.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Keep in mind you're basing this opinion on a bunch of silly offseason twitter speculation.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I don't know what to tell you other than you might as well make your peace with it because it's almost certainly happening.