1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 7 Dangerous Dog Breeds

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by aeroman10, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Why would you want any dog other than a boxer? I love boxers, so damn friendly and fun. Very loving animals. High energy that tear **** up when they are bored, but that's your fault really. I hate little dogs. I hate viscous dogs and i hate really furry dogs. Though i probably wouldn't say no to a cute little lab puppy or one of those blue eyed huskies that grow up to look like wolves.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

My dog Blue . I was told he was a wolf hybrid when I adopted him . The people that gave him to me said his mother was arctic wolf and they actually had some other wolfs on their property . I however believe he is white GSD . Very loving and friendly but I still don't allow kids and strangers to just approach him

[​IMG]

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

My family has had 3 different Wolf Hybrids. So loyal but very, very protective of any family. Also, every single one had one blue eye and one brownish eye. Is that a gene in them?

5. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I have a german shepherd mix and a terrier mix. The terrier is much more aggressive.

6. DAROckets

It could possibly have been mixed with Husky ? I researched the blue eye thing and seem to remember full blood wolfs not having blue eyes , some do when they are puppies but it fades when they mature .

I think a huge majority of dogs sold as wolf hybrids are actually just domestics that are mixed breeds . They were popular in the 90's and many people would take a GSD and maybe a husky and sell the offspring for 2 -3 k as a hybrid .

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

In my college house we had a 15 pound dachshund , a 30 pound corgi and a 115 pound pit bull/mastiff mix. The dachshund was by far the meanest. Never once had a problem with the pit. He barked at people at the door or who walked by the fence line, but as soon as we let someone in the house he was there new best friend. Never had problems socializing with other dogs either, we had the pit first and the corgi and dachshund came after and the pit never played too rough, even when the other two would constantly annoy the hell out of him.

I certainly understand being scared and needing to take extra precautions with a dog that is capable of inflicting a lot of harm, but I truly believe its all about how you raise a dog. Raise them right and you shouldn't have problems.

8. DAROckets

Some good info regarding the blue eye ( bottom of page)

http://texx-wolf-tails.webs.com/highcontentwolfdogs.htm

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't deny that some pits will grow up and never cause any trouble, (most probably) but the idea that they don't have natural aggression is bogus. There's a reason why they are the most dangerous dogs and why most of the time the owner says something like "They've never done anything like this before! They're so sweet with my family!"

They are easily provoked and once provoked the damage is severe.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Had two Siberian Huskies.

Both were about the sweetest damn things you could ever have. Never bit anybody, and both were always trying to cuddle up on anyone who walked through the door.

But if other dogs came by anybody in my family, it was like the wolf came out in them and they just went bezerk. I witnessed my 100 pound male husky tear a pit bull to pieces in a dog fight(instigated by the PIT). Was pretty entertaining. He was a beast of a dog. Fully understood the body slam. He would pick up my female husky with his jaws and body slam her until she gave up. Will forever miss the big guy.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

U mad?

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't understand why pitbulls are so controversial......

..... it's abundantly clear that they're strong dogs with a certain temperament. I once lived in Salvador, Brazil. That's the dog that about 50% of the dog-owning population had down there. After a while I avoided streets that had pitbulls on them. I work for a pet-related company and love animals in general, but I do not feel at ease around them like other dogs.

Just because you have a pitbull that you love that hasn't been put in any risky situations, doesn't mean that all pitbulls are nice. Generalizations aren't false just because they're generalizations.

13. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4Ri5cszSKEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

How are Great Danes? I thought they are mellow but they are on some Top 10 Dangerous dogs lists

BTW. Here is a video of our 15 month old with the dogs :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R5SUsRy7TcA?list=UUcyP0rIvk5J849jVQIec8YA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#54 aeroman10, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  15. Buck Turgidson

Will be getting either a great pyrenees or anatolian shepherd next spring, stoked!

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Brownish eye hehehe. ;)

17. Raven

Raven Member

That's your argument? Seriously? That's it?

18. tmoney1101

If you want a great dog that has proven to be a great dog over many generations, get a lab. It's as simple as that. They're beautiful, smart, and most importantly very trainable. I'll never own another breed.

19. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

Thanks man! I guarantee you that she would love the attention.

And I think our points are the same. Environment and proper raising is key for any breed (and yes, people too). I just don't consider it as taking any "extra" measure.

It should be standard practice for any dog. But yes, unfortunately Pit Bulls do tend to attract some terrible owners, and bad things can and do happen.

20. tmoney1101

Nice. This thread is now about buttholes.