1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 5 Current NBA Floppers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by moestavern19, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Nicksta

Nicksta Member

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Since when was Iverson known as a flopper? That's news to me.

Don'y forget about Horry. He'll flop on you. Battier has become a nice flopper.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Iverson flops almost any time he has the ball and he is about to shoot or in the process of shooting and he gets breathed on.
    Its just his is so ridiculous looking that the refs don't usually call it. Atleast that is what I've noticed. He doesn't flop like Manu or Devin, they do it dramatically and really sell it, AI doesn't sell it very well.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think we need to distinguish between defensive floppers and offensive floppers. The great floppers in the game can do both, but most flop on only one side of the court.

5. dividend

dividend Member

1. Devin Harris
    2. Manu
    3. Varejao
    4. Okur
    5. Oberto

From what I've seen, Derek Fisher and Dirk have toned down their flopping a bit. If it was two years ago, they'd both be near the top. I didn't think AI was a flopper. He gets A LOT of whistles from the refs, but he also does legitimately get fouled a lot.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG] = [​IMG] + [​IMG]

translated:

Flopper = Flapper + Whopper

I know I am not funny anymore, but I'm really proud of that one.

7. tsunami

tsunami Member

I didn't read your 2nd paragraph cause your 1st simply does not make any sense. Devin Harris is 500% flopper than Manu.

8. Sextuple Double

Iverson been a flopper. Anyone on this board can recall the game in Denver last season when AI ran into Tsakalidis(I think, not to sure who it was) and he went tripping up and sprawling like an injured Power Ranger several feet beyond the 3pt line. Best part about it is that the ref wasn't having it and quickly called a travel on AI.

As for Horry you are spot on
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ukde193ivM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ukde193ivM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I saw that play, that was the highlight of my evening. Davis went for the steal, and Devin Harris instantly went for his epileptic attack thing and crumpled to the floor. As if he was anticipating the flop, Baron Davis instantly flailed his arms back in innocence. Ref sees everything and doesn't blow the whistle, so Baron Davis goes ahead, takes the ball to the hoop, drawing a foul on dirk.

It was even funnier to see Harris whining to the ref afterwards and the ref was like "I was right here. You flopped."

10. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

damn, that fool has some serious Bicep action.. wonder if it's natural..

no homo, btw.. :D
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RUCbPvP5H9k&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RUCbPvP5H9k&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

and this one is complementary:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pxN1zkQgKKA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pxN1zkQgKKA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Well, reading two sentences written by you was painful enough. If you think Harris is a bigger flopper than Manu, that's fine. I've never seen a bigger flopper than Manu in my life.

12. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

No, if the league does that, it will change nothing. Four times out of five the flopper benefits from the call. Refs obviously can't differentiate between legit contact and flopping. Fines and suspensions is the only way out of this.

As for the topic, harris is number 1 by a mile. I've seen games where Manu didn't flop. I've never seen one where devin harris didn't. I bet he flops in the games he's inactivated for too.

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

oh boy, I have nothing to say but that your life is simply way too short. :p

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Devin Harris (its not even close) If I could kick one persons ass in the world it would be this b****.

Ginobilli - on offense and defense he puts on Oscar winning performances.

Fisher - getting old, but age has only made him better.

The Entire Dallas Team - Flopping is probably what these guys do to kill time. b****es.

The Entire Jazz Team - The inventors of Synchronize Flopping. They go down, but go down in style.

Kobe, AI, Wade, etc. don't flop as much as they love to exaggerate contact on offense. Just as bad, because cheating is cheating. They guys can go to hell too.

15. devin23

devin23 Member

Man isn't that JVG calling out Horry's flop?? Wow and he was criticizing the refs on national TV too. You go JVG!

16. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

can't believe no ones said robert horry....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ukde193ivM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ukde193ivM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

17. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

how bout reggie miller?

or james posey? he's probably not a flopper, but he's still a pretty cheap defensive player.

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

:confused: Um...

19. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I dunno if Dwade counts.. but dude gets a lot of calls.