1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 10 signs your car may not have many miles left

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Jul 3, 2001.

Tags:
  1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

10) Old ladies in wheelchairs constantly pulling up next to you saying, "Hey dude...wanna drag??"

9) You just now realized that the rag you've been using for a gas cap is a T-Shirt you got from an MC Hammer concert back in 1990

8) McDonald's employee says "Sir, please turn down your radio" when your at the drive through, and your radio isn't even on (actually happened to my mom one time)

7) Instead of writing "wash me" in the dirt on the hood of your car, kids write "put me out of my misery"

6) A nearby dog starts howling every time you pull up to a stop sign

5) The tapping sound you keep hearing mysteriously goes to the beat of whatever song is on the eight-track player

4) After starting your car, everyone in the neighborhood automatically ducks after hearing the backfire

3) Taking a picture of your odometer going around to all zeroes just doesn't have the thrill it used to

2) A cracked windshield? HA! You'll settle for a windshield!

...and, the number one sign that your car doesn't have too many miles left...

Your car says "Goe" or "Metro" anywhere on it

------------------
    Mein bratwurst has a first name, it's F-R-I-T-Z
    Mein bratwurst has a second name, it's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N

2. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

My 1994 Metro's got 76k miles, a working air conditioner and has required only routine maintenance. My 3 cylinder Suzuki motorcycle engine runs like a top.

How much does it cost to fill up your tank? I get 50+ miles/gallon. I wanna see the price of gas at $5. I wanna see those Excursion drivers squirm.

3. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Gas by my house has dropped over 40 cents over the last two weeks. It's down to $1.239 at the corner. I haven't been paying attention to notice if it is any cheaper anyplace else.

But all my rental cars I have to drive while my Audi is in the shop tend to get good gas mileage, so I'm not all that worried about gas prices. [​IMG]

------------------
    Why not visit MovieForums.com

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

At least an Excursion owner actually has room to squirm in his vehicle.

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Gas prices are going up for the 4th! I went to the gym at lunch yesterday and it was 1.20 and after I worked out and stopped by Subway it was at 1.33. Thirteen cents in just over an hour!

6. PhiSlammaJamma

When your in the mob.

When the former owner of your car named it 'christine'.

when your good buddy Speilberg wants to borrow your car for an action scene in a movie.

When John Daley says, no, it's ok, I'll drive us home tonight. I've only had a few.

When Scottie Pippen asks to borrow your car (bomb).

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

When all you see in the rear-view mirror is smoke...

---

Does the brand of gas actually matter? Some guy bragged to me that he was saving .10 per gallon by filling up at Smart Mart.

I'd rather pay the .10 and get gas at Shell, Exxon, Chevron, Texaco, etc...

------------------
    Dream On!

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited July 03, 2001).]

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I think someone is cranky and needs a nap. [​IMG]

------------------
    How the hell should I know why God would allow the Holocaust. I don't even know how the electric can opener works. - from Hannah and Her Sisters

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

And the clutchcity.net "no sense of humor" award goes to...(pause for effect)...Jamcracker!! Tell him what he's won, Bob!

Actually, gas prices have gone down recently...I can get a gallon of regular for only $1.40. I saw a picture in the newspaper of one sign that said $1.10 on it...

Of course, having just typed that, I know just what is going to happen...Anybody know where I can get a good deal on a Geo??

------------------
    Mein bratwurst has a first name, it's F-R-I-T-Z
    Mein bratwurst has a second name, it's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N