1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony!, Tony!, Toney!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 5, 2012.

?

toney toney toney

1. his play makes me: Feels Good

12 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. when the 4th quarter starts I'll be :Thinking of You

14 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. his jumper: It never rains

15 vote(s)
    15.3%
  4. is our best backup pg cause Morey asked himself:If I had no loot

22 vote(s)
    22.4%
  5. gives me: The blues

35 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

SOS

Sons of Soul

2. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

he reminds me a little of... rafer.

3. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Come on guys he got no PG skills, but was able hit 3pt a respectable rate first 2 season. Look at how bad his assist per 36 minute are with career high 4.5. Only way to use him is as backup to Harden or play him at 2 while Harden plays PG. I still actually like to get true backup PG.

Honestly unless he continues to have more games like this I would be surprised if he actually make NBA roster next year. I definitely willing bet he doesn't get resigned.

4. dchoye

dchoye Member

I think Tony is a better sg than a pg
    He actually holds the Knick record for most 3 pointers in a game with nine in a game against Menphis in 2011

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

People are seriously underrating Rafer and Brooks here, which I thought could never happen. Douglas is worse than both at just about everything. He's just not good, even for a backup.

I hope he proves me wrong though, but sample size is really stacking up from last year to this year.

6. alethios

alethios Member

Just one poster - I don't think that's the general consensus. But his face does look like a cross between those two (jus' sayin')

7. Ralph97

Ralph97 Member

Tony's not a ball handler. The way he plays he's a 2. You like him in the last game because he took shots. He only had a couple good passes. I think he had what 3 assists the whole game?

8. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

The shooting and defense (which was ok) of Rafer, and the playmaking and passing of Aaron Brooks.

9. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I think it was the last possession, when our player swatted the ball, Toney got hold of it and attempted to go to the basket...the team were like...noooooo...pointed to him go to the corner and run down the clock. lol

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Would rather have LUTHER HEAD!!!

GOT HEAD!

[​IMG]

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Tony Tony Tony

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'd rather have than our Toney

(Remember when we had Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry and Aaron Brooks coming off THE BENCH? *Sigh*...)

But I do hope he keeps up the 3 point shooting. Douglas can't run an offense, but he does have defensive tenacity, just needs another attribute to go with it. Luckily he's making the deep ball at least, because he's on Rafer Alston built-in low expectations standard.

12. ogh

ogh Member

Let Tony meets Toney tonight. The extra -E- is what I hope for the differences.

13. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Come on, Tony will be on fire, smoking hot! A career night performance.

Toney Who?

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member