1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony Parker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Keyser Soze, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Parker sure plays well in the reg season...too bad he's becoming more and more inconsistent in the playoffs...it happens with old players...

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sure, but for a guy who's won 3 championships, a lot of people don't appreciate how good he is because his game isn't flashy with super-athleticism, slick passes or high assist numbers.
    To illustrate the point, about 15 minutes ago someone just posted a poll on who the best PG in the league is. TP wasn't even included. Only one player on the poll has a single championship.

To be clear, I understand it's because TD and Manu overshadow TP and I'm not about to feel sorry for a guy with 3 titles.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's been awesome since he dumped Eva.

4. thething

thething Contributing Member

It's crazy that the Spurs were shopping him at draft time for a top 10 pick, but they found no takers.

5. VBG

VBG Member

Tony Parker is 29....

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I recall him taking clutch shots over and over again in the regular season, but so much in the PLAYOFFS. I think it has been years since those championships happened.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is the least oldest of their stars.

Manu 34
    Timmy 35 to 36 years old

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Was gonna comment on Parker vs Lowry for ASG

Lowry > Parker 1st 15 games.

(Thats kinda like going with Jeremy Lin for 7 games >> over NBA)

Afterward its not close.

9. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

When earlier in this forum tere was discussion about best poing guards in the league it seemed that only I mentioned T.parker. everyone was putting t.lawson and ect. above. No secret, you guys always devalue international players, same with gasol and there are more examples.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

........ Eva is incredible.... give her credit..... ;)