1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tony "Hitler" Brothers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, May 3, 2017.

?

Is Tony Brothers worse than Hitler?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. Absolutely

83 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Not to mention that until the fourth they hadn't called a single foul in the paint on the Spurs unless it was against Capela/Nene. And then when Nene nailed two free throws they stopped calling them on him. Harden was being knocked around in the paint and got nothing. I don't mind if the refs are going to officiate that way, really I don't, but do it on both sides. Kawhi was still getting the touch shooting fouls in the paint. He got one where he rose up for a jump shot and Ariza touched his back after shot and Kawhi got the and one. Kawhi didn't even feel Ariza lol.

Plus, the refs starting calling fouls on the Spurs to put us on the line in the 4th after the game was over. Suddenly it was time to be fair.

1) Spurs played better than the Rockets last night. They were ON FIRE.
    2) Outside of Anderson and Gordon, the team wasn't very effective on offense
    3) The referees were terrible
    4) The referees being terrible killed the Rockets chances when they got it close at the end of the 3rd and an avalanche of bad calls stymied them

Honestly the game looked a lot like most of the Thunder games where we came back late and won, except this time the officiating controlled the game late.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Tony Brothers was also the ref that called that BLATANT flop by Kirilenko on Scola in that pivotal playoff game against the Jazz. He's literally the WORST referee in the NBA, and has been for a LONG time. I've probably said it 1000 times on C.F., but **** TONY BROTHERS. **** HIM **** HIM **** HIM!

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hate when they do that. . . to even it out
    Yea. . . we screwed you out of the game and you down by 20
    NOW I WILL EVEN OUT THE CALLS WITH 2 MINUTES TO PLAY so it looks fair

slothy420 and justtxyank like this.
  4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

You're looking at this totally wrong. It's a very nice set-up. We just had some extremely home-biased calls in a game we were going to lose anyway. And now we're going home to play the next two. Just give us what you gave them, Tony.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Tony Brothers was not the reason why the Rockets lost - they missed a lot of shots to start the fourth quarter. Brothers did call a lot of terrible fouls in favor of the Spurs that allowed the Spurs to continue momentum though to roll the Rockets early in the 4th. The continuation call for Simmons which was terrible. Calling a foul demonstratively on the floor and then changing his mind after Manu talked to him.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That's what I'm saying. We prob would have lost that game but in my opinion the refs sucked the life out of us at the most important moments and we didn't have the heart to go on. The Manu call where brothers listened to his case and then changed the call was absolutely sickening

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

It starts with just sports but whats next?

Im not jewish but I got a big nose so ive been told I look jewish. No doubt tony brothers could oppress me.

Dont elect tony brothers to a position of power...

jacoby and Zboy like this.
  8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I'm not sure if it was Brothers, but someone had posted in the game thread that in games of one of the refs that worked the game last night the Rockets had a 1-8 record.

We lost again so that would put us 1-9 meaning we've won 10% of the games he's reffed.
    :mad:

Edit:

9. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I remember being courtside back when Yao was not getting any calls & Brothers was just 10' away from me.

"CALL THE FOULS THE SAME WAY ON BOTH ENDS BROTHERS!"

He just turned & looked at me & then turned away. He's definitely Hitler.

DonKnock, jacoby and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. Rokman

Rokman Member

I no voted. Hitler was nicer than Tony Brothers. LOL

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I agree with you entirely. At least I did last night. After I woke up this morning and read through this entire thread again, I stopped taking it seriously and found it hilarious. OP is a jew and down with the exaggerated comparison.

This thread is pretty damn funny lol

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He has well groomed eyebrows of a serial killer.

And that is a fact.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

To far is ok.

As long as it doesn't go toooooo far, we are good.

14. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

It
    doesent matter how bad he is referees dont get judged on that....seems like th enba only cares about the refs who listen to them and help their tv ratings, this bum shouldve been kicked out years ago

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Tony "Literally worse than Hitler" Brothers.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Maybe Hitler actually is the other brother.

DonKnock, FTW Rockets FTW and jacoby like this.
  17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's easy to miss shots when fouls are not fouls. The rockets should have cranked up the physicality, really earn those fouls, to send a message.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Glad he doesn't have a brother NBA ref. For a long time when I heard Tony Brothers reffing the Rockets games, I thought a pair of bros are in there screwing us.

Anyway this dude messes up so bad, might as well count him as 2 refs messing up.

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  19. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I find it pretty inappropriate to marginalize a massacre by somehow equating it to sports. Tony Brothers may be a pariah, and I agree that he deserves the a-hole title, but they are not anywhere close to one another.

I'll admit that I chuckle when these kinds of jokes are well timed, but it ultimately doesn't look good on the part of our fan base. It's a misrepresentation of the severity of the issue. The holocaust was brutal and entire lineages were wiped off the planet because some butthole needed a scapegoat to deal with the economic melee that made up his circumstances as a child.

On the flip side, if I've misinterpreted your message, let me know bc I was a bit confused. Sounded like you were agreeing but then it read like it went the other way.

Also, I didn't elect him into the position. The league did.

20. macan

macan Member

the last pic: bros and bev is about to kiss after the eyes contact