1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony Brothers Hate Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Dec 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They were not terrible, they just were not consistent and not the reason we lost. Brothers game seemed pretty blatant with the fix.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dont blame the refs when rockets keep turning the ball over. dwight and dorsey the only ones missing too many fts, not as bad as the to's

3. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Why did you bring this thread back to life? You're legit stupid, plus bonus points for supporting rigged officiating

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

He didn't bump it. J.R. did, don't call someone "legit stupid" when you can't see that the post directly above his, and several others on the previous page were all posted tonight.

5. roidrage

roidrage Member

it's obvious to anybody with two eyes the reft had an agenda tonight and it was for the Rockets to lose

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If they were not consistent then they were absolutely terrible. I agree that the Refs were not the reason the Rox lost tonight but I thought it was a terribly officiated game. Both Rox and Spurs had reasons to be pissed about a number of calls. NBA is probably the hardest game to officiate but that is not an excuse for the type of incompetence on display nightly by NBA officials.

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Agreed they where bad. Not anti Rockets. Just bad overal.

8. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

I'm sure it's been discussed, but it might be a good idea to institute coach's challenges into the game. It would bring an additional level of integrity and accountability to the NBA and officials. Maybe give 1 challenge per quarter and after that have them cost a timeout. I think this in addition to our instant replays that are already constituted might be a step in the right direction. Just a thought.

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I like this idea and it'd be worth the additional time taken. I heard the league was toying with the idea of moving to 10min quarters. If that's the case it'd ease the physical burden on the players and leave time for things such as this.

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Bad calls both ways, I actually think it's good Harden got called for the offensive foul when he just runs into a guy on the break / drive. Just finish the play Harden! The Hawks game was a rig job, this was far from it.

11. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

I'd hate to see us go to shorter qtrs but if that's the only way to get accountability for refs then so be it...some of the BS calls are so blatantly obvious and there's no retribution.

I do agree the Hawks game was inexcusable. James got whistled for 2 charges last night one was a correct call the other was not. The fast break charge was not the correct call. The other one when Green came off of Dmo to draw the charge was the correct call. However, it was Dmo's fault for not clearing out quick enough for James's ISO that allowed Green to get position. I just think the floppers have made this game so hard to officiate, and others like James have to embellish it in order to get the call.

12. CrashTheBoards

Bunch of NBA homers you are. NBA refs suck. I have never seen another ref in any sport get indicted for rigging games. That's how bad they are at it.

That ref also sung like a canary to get his prison term reduced.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

With the advent of enhanced on court audio, it is easy to tell that every team/coach hates tony brothers.

the other day on espn you could hear doc rivers going off on him.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what are you blind? i didnt bump it you idiot someone else did. it doesnt take a genius to know that u wont beat the spurs if you turn the ball over around 25 times. thats basic math.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is one of his more shameless performances I can remember

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is SOOOOOOO bad.

DD

1 person likes this.
  18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member