1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony Brothers Hate Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Dec 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. cjcj#1

cjcj#1 Member

rigged nba games

The game tonight was rigged there appears to be a continual set of rules for Dwight the entire first half he is mauled and there was not one whistle yet Antic from Atlanta gets the calls obviously clearly the direction is coming from someone in the nba and also checked on number 6 referee tonight tony brown he resides in ATLANTA of all places just another one of those coincidences also Dwight from Atlanta and Jason terry also use to play for Atlanta but again i'm dealing in coincidences who from the nba league office reviews game tapes be interesting to see what they put out on it but clearly Dwight is under a different set of rules compared to other bigs which now makes it biased the guy is completely targeted NBA SHAME

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

14 to 5 foul disparity in the 4th is telling. It's not like the Rockets don't go to the hoop, either.

3. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Again **** the refs! Rigged ass ****! Goodnight.

4. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Punctuations, do you use them?

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Whenever I watch Dwight play, it's just so glaringly obvious he doesn't get nearly the same treatment as other bigs do. Touch fouls like the ones Dwight gets are almost never called when they happen to him. The inconsistency is glaring, to say the least, and it's not just Tony Brothers. It's almost every official in the league.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Unfortunately Morey didn't include "players most likely to get hosed by refs" in his analytics for player acquisitions.

7. cjcj#1

cjcj#1 Member

sorry bcast 89 had to write quickly will slow down next time

8. cjcj#1

cjcj#1 Member

J Sizzle I totally agree with you. I have seen so many games where Dwight gets refereed differently it defies explaining I definitely noticed it in the playoffs series v Portland where he was targeted.

The guy is under a different set of rules which Houston front office needs it looked at by the powers that be at the nba.

For some reason 14-5 fouls discrepancy needs to be reviewed its out of the normal flow of a game but we did not get the same calls Atlanta got while going to the basket.

The thing that is becoming very noticeable is Dwight is being forced further out on his post position to catch it because the original illegal contact isn't being called on the defense.

Dwight is victimised because of his build and strength so the defense has to be over physical and aggressive to be able to go up against him he is mauled and he doesn't get his share of calls there isn't even a ratio he just does not get a call.

Imagine shaq in today's nba game does he get called for fouls every play or not would be interesting to see.

Memo to the nba: Referee each player fairly and equally the same be consistent if you call it at one end call it at the other end. Let the bigs be big and stop targeting certain players it has to stop let the outcome not have your influence on it. Who is accountable?

1 person likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Before the season, Harden should have told everyone that when he says, "Tonight I have to put this loss squarely on the shoulder's of my teammates", they are code words for 'the refs screwed us tonight and there was nothing that could be done other than grin and bear it'. I say that because tonight I have to put this loss squarely on the shoulder's of his teammates.

#109 don grahamleone, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If someone could make a youtube video like the Harden defense, this would get recognized.

11. kevtse

kevtse Member

I thought be hates Yao only, didnt know he is a rocket hater.

12. cptnbreakdance

All I'm saying is;

With the way we were "allowed" to come back and make it a close game, and never able to stay ahead due to some VERY questionable calls, one of two things happened last night.

1.) They made sure someone made a whole lot of money.

OR

2.) They made sure someone lost a whole lot of money.

Tim Dohnaghy would be proud.

13. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

It was a shame to see, the last time I remember the officiating this bad in a big game was vs the Heat last year where a bald ref acted the same way.
    It seems Brothers had some kind of vandetta against the rockets, especially Harden and Howard.The only good call that people did overreact on was when he pushed on a rebound and Brothers called it from behind, other than that it was horrible.

14. kemah

kemah Member

Gambling is legal so nothing that can done. Rich get richer.

15. MystikArkitect

Simple. Vegas sets a low line that seems to good to be true, ges a ton of action on it from people thinking that it's easy money, then a game like last night happens.

Suspected the same from the Por/Hou series last year due to some if the weird calls Aldridge was getting that didn't continue into their SA series. Am I being paranoid? Probably. But last night's game was funky for sure, and I've seen other oddly (rigged) officiated games in my lifetime (two most obvious ones were LAL vs SAC and NO/ATL Katrina game).

Are all games rigged? No, of course not. Are some games rigged? Of course, you'd be pretty naive to think otherwise.

16. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Agree. Dwight should learn more pressure on/pressure off post up moves and begin to "flop", yes I said it, to show how much physical play is being allowed against him which he doesn't get allowed to do on the other end of the court.

Just make the referrees look like dumbasses for not calling the fouls as he falls and flops to show the illegal contact that he is getting all the time, such as two hands in his back consistently. He gets pushed around so much, but as soon as he pushes back, it's a foul on him...ridiculous.

Also, that was the worst called game against the Rockets I have seen with my own eyes since watching the Rockets since 1986. I would also love it, as others have mentioned, if someone could make a video exposing all the bads calls, as well as showing the missed calls that were similar that the Rockets didn't get. Video exposure is the only thing that will make these referees embarassed to do this kind of crap more in the future.

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Why would Tony care, if nobody does anything about it? Everybody in the league afraid to address the corruption and tyranny that is the league office, it's pathetic. If these guys cared enough, they would've at least said something..I personally would like to see a player hit a referee in the face, spit on him or kick him in the nuts. Make a statement!! Roll or get rolled over..McHale with his old school **** also not even trying to get a technical last night, what was that all about?? I remember Rudy T taking technicals, ready to get on the court for less obvious rig jobs than this.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I never been one to complain about the refs, I always take it as, we should win the game regardless of the bad officiating, but even for me, last night was insane. I haven't felt this pissed since Finley stepped out of bounds. It's been 9 years since I been legitimately pissed off at the refs. It just seems like they were on a mission against us.

19. bmd

bmd Member

I don't know what their agenda was... But they were obviously calling it extremely tight against the Rockets while giving Atlanta a pass.

I don't care how the game is officiated as long as it's the same both ways.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Again.

Donaghy was found GUILTY of this and the NBA did nothing. We still see the same set of refs. Was there an internal investigation done? Were guys reevaluated? What did the NBA actually do to ensure that Donaghy was the only guy?

Oh that's right, they just tell everyone that Donaghy is a rogue ref. Don't worry.