1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tonight Proved..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Dec 25, 2015.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

TJones thrives off the bench. He just plays with so much more confidence...I rip on him a ton when he's on the court...but he has put together a nice stretch of games.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

How many corners are the Rockets going to turn? This will be like their third one, I think.

And if they turn four corners, they will be back to where they started.

2 people like this.
  3. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Delusional.

4. mag

mag Contributing Member

Capela does a good job switching and covering the perimeter. Maybe that is why DMo did not play much tonight.

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

I get up at 3AM to watch DMo play live, so it really hurts when he doesn't get to play.

6. hakeemthagreat

Out of all the bigs Capela guards the perimeter and moves his feet better than all the other bigmen. The problem is sometimes Capela blows layups

7. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I agree, it's time for them to show a killer instinct and win tomorrow night. Happy about the win but every time I get soooooo hype about them they let me down. So let's hope they turned the corner.

8. thejav

thejav Member

All of our bigs miss point blank layups..it wouldn't be Rockets basketball if they made all their layups.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Team lacks discipline. I hope the Rockets don't overreact by hiring a drill sergeant, but it's not going to shock me when it happens.

10. omgTHEpotential

Not really.

In the last 5 games, T-Jones defended 46 FG attempts. Out of those 46, opponents made 27, resulting in a 58.7% offense. This is not the type of percentage you want your player to allow. Meanwhile, DMo has held the opposition to 35.7% shooting in those last 5 games.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well Jones is going to be a poor defender no matter what, I think what he was talking about is how Jones' offense has been much better since he's been coming off the bench.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We need to keep turning corners until we aren't treading water at 0.500 anymore.

Think about it this way: last team had almost every piece this team had, with less experience and even less health when you count Dwight and TJones being out for so much of the beginning. Yet, we're already past halfway in terms of losses that we accrued all of last year. 26 total and this year 31 games in we already have 15.

So yeah until we become consistent with our effort, fans are gonna be demanding more, and rightfully so. Get that third seed, Houston. You are more than capable of it.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

maybe its hard for you to enjoy a win and still criticize your teams' glaring flaws but its easy for me.

14. heypartner

This is the Rockets season so far

Keep climbing those stairs and turning those corners, Rockets!!

[​IMG]

15. Nook

Nook Member

It is almost as if they can be good when they feel like it...

Nothing has changed personality wise, coaching wise either... It is up to Harden and Howardto decide when it is time to take things seriously... That attitude is also why they will never be great or even as good as GS or SA. They bring it some night, not every night and that eventually catches up to you.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tonight proved we can beat a good team at home who was on a winning streak albeit on a b2b night for them.

It hasn't proven the ship is righted though. We have a ways to go still.

17. heypartner

No excuses for the Spurs. There were no NBA games on Christmas Eve.

18. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

Finally back to just playing basketball!

<iframe width="604" height="310" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WvwTOxKQb8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I'll believe it when the defense becomes consistent

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Great game tonight, but I'm still of the opinion that we just were pumped up for a big game, and this is not the way we will all of the sudden start playing.