1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tom Tolbert compliments or slights Rox???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by goophers, Nov 13, 2003.

1. goophers

goophers Member

Tom Tolbert never really seemed to me like he cared for the Rox that much. And he always argued with Bill Walton, who I think likes Houston a lot. However, when I read his article on ESPN about the Warriors I noticed something interesting in it. (Sorry if this was posted, I hadn't seen it)

He says "Barring injury, the West's top six are pretty much penciled in as far as the playoffs are concerned. The Warriors fall into a group of teams -- including the Seattle SuperSonics, Memphis Grizzlies and Denver Nuggets -- that will try to make a run and sneak into the postseason."

I assume 5 of those top 6 are Lakers, Kings, Spurs, Minnesota, and Dallas. The question is, does he think the Rockets or the Suns are the sixth team???

Oh, here's the link: link

2. verse

verse Contributing Member

tolbert's a tool.

3. tituspan

tituspan Contributing Member

He's probably referring to the Suns, since their record is 3-4 and at the bottom of the pacific division. Hahaha.

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

The guy is a comedy, he was the same as a player.

--daoshi

5. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

I couldn't say it better myself. I have ESPN nba basketball and have to turn off the comentary because he is on it.

6. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Sideshow Tom is a bonehead.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

No kidding.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And where is Portland?

9. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Little Tommy passed up an opportunity to play on the 93/94 rockets. I'm sure he felt like an ass

10. Little O

Little O Contributing Member

That makes two of us. Can't stand listening to his voice in real life and hearing it in the game makes it so much worse. I wish that we could have Bill Walton instead. Bill is annoying but Tolbert is so much worse. Bad player, worse announcer.

Plus ESPN Basketball's announcing gets repetitive really quick and lags behind the action sometimes a little too much. Great graphics and gameplay though.

11. dback816

dback816 Member

When Finley had a dunk over Yao last year, Tolbert screamed out "Yeah take that Yao !"

So I think it's pretty obvious the guy is bald clueless idiot :rolleyes: Hope Walton gets sick of him one day and beat the crap out of him on national TV :D

12. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

"Tool time" is a big time Yao hater. Never fails to put down the big man especially when Walton is around. Remember the heated argument they got into during one of the games last year? Tolbert repeatedly kept saying "Another trip down the floor without a rebound by Ming!" to irritate Walton. I wanted to punch out his side of the TV screen.

13. shawn786

shawn786 Member

haha thats funney but so true

14. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Tolbert is soo full of himself. Reminds me of Barkley before the ass kissing

15. harumph

harumph Member

It's Tolbert, so it goes without saying that this is a slight against the rox. Amazing that a man paid to watch bball doesn't think the rox are going to be one of the top 10 teams in the west! :mad:

As versa said so perfectly, the man's a tool!

16. harumph

harumph Member

oops, i mean verse not versa :eek:

17. garthomps

garthomps Contributing Member

Northwest Oregon

18. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Tolbert might look on the goofy side. But I'd rather listen to him talk about basketball, than Walton.

Anyways, if we keep the winning streak, they will be more than just Tolbert on the Rox bandwagon.

19. hulk

hulk Contributing Member

Maybe TT should take a bet with Walton so that we could see him kissing Donkey's behind. I am pretty sure ESPN will be glad to do it.

20. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

tolbert deserves to be shot...