1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tom Thibodeau calls JLIII ideal choice as 3rd PG

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BetterThanEver, Sep 4, 2010.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

John Lucas III must be a TT favorite. TT has invited him to camp. Thank goodness, Morey, doesn't believe in JLIII.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5530266&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I guess...?

He must be underachieving on this one. But what could you expect for a 3rd string PG...? Good luck to jr's son.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe it's a favor his father asked for?

4. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I see him, along with a couple x-NBA players, playing almost every day at my gym in a camp JL does every summer.

He is working really hard and looks good out there with the group of guys. He is usually one of the guys that stands out.

5. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

The next rocket to become a bull is Chuck Hayes. Book it. If you read news clippings over the years you would know Tom Thibodeau is Chuck Hayes's biggest supporter and fan, I think it was the reason why Morey used the team option on him. With the resigning of Brooks and prob. Yao there is no way Morey will give him more then the min. and the Bulls will surely give him more then that.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

JL3's jumper has to be automatic for him to be an NBA player. But for some reason, it didn't carry over from summer league to the NBA.

7. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

This man was the GOAT

of the summer league

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

False. I believe that title goes to "Monster Block" Cato.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Last year, Jannero Pargo their backup PG (besides Kirk Hinrich)
    Code:
    G  	GS  	MP  	FG  	FGA  	FG%  	3P  	3PA  	3P%  	
    63  	5  	828  	132  	381  	[COLOR=Navy][B].346 [/B] [/COLOR]	38  	138  	[COLOR=Blue][B].275[/B][/COLOR]
    Then the Bulls had Acie Law and Lindsay Hunter at 50 years old. So the bar's been set pretty low for him.

Agree. JL3 as a shoot-first PG has to hit shots. Its how Earl Boykins stays in the league.

( An aside: Still have memories of the last high school basketball game I watched, TJ Ford vs JL3 in the playoffs. JL3 was an area leading scorer.

Ford absolutely owned him. JL3 couldnt get the ball up the court past Ford. Ford had his way on the other end with him too. I could see the hype behind TJ Ford then. I though JL3 was badly exposed (and thought his unheralded teammate Emeka Okafor was a better prospect). To his credit JL3 made himself into a player at OK State. (Wow, that was a quick 10 years) )

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Lindsey hunter is 50? Wasn't he drafted in the mid-90s(about 15 years ago? It would make him a 35 year old rookie(50 yr old - 15 career yrs). I thought he was younger than Mutombo.

11. MingMingDynasty

Sucks to be JLIII. He's been trying to make it in the NBA for quite some time. Now at 28, in his prime, he can't get more than a partially guaranteed minimum.

12. albuster

albuster Member

I wonder if Brooks has any place in his defense schemes.

13. delishman

delishman Member

JLIII didnt have bad stuff all those years ago with the Rockets. If he has kept getting better and more disciplined then he will do nicely as a third string PG. Great to see a guy stick with his dream.