1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Todd Kalas joins TV booth, Blum full-time color man

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

DeShaies left just for the money and in an interview in Chicago said he felt he had no real choice but to leave. He has struggled in Chicago and isn’t especially popular. His humor isn’t as well appreciated by fans in Chicago and mostly the fans want an ex-Cub to do his job.

DeShaies has a quietness to him that just doesn’t translate up here. For as much as people have talked about “Midwest sensibilities”, that is largely gone and fans in Chicago want someone that is a character and homer like Hawk Harrelson.

I believe he even lost his weekly “call in” show in Chicago that was only 10 minutes to begin with. He is a good company man and will likely keep his job but he is largely viewed as vanilla by fans.

TWS1986, RustyHarden, BigM and 3 others like this.
  2. awc713

awc713 Member

Nah, sorry for the heart attack, but I had to share Blummy saying he’d never announce for the Dodgers or Angels! :)

RustyHarden, BigM and msn like this.
  3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I don't understand the context. Why was this dude tweeting this?

RustyHarden likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

And now his broadcast partner is leaving for White Sox radio.

#44 J.R., Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Nook likes this.
  5. awc713

awc713 Member

6. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

Wife and I got to meet and talk with him a little last Monday, very happy to have him here.

awc713 and Nook like this.
  7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Blum always reminded me of the lead singer from the Offspring for some reason

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#47 RKREBORN, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021