1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TODAY: Islamic terrorist takes hostages in Sydney, Australia.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Faust

Faust Member

remember when you have to resort to insults, you've lost any argument among adults.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

nothing arrogant or superior about it. How could it be if others are doing it? Christians and Jews malign Islam all the time.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Bigtexxx... is that you?

4. fchowd0311

I'm assuming you don't have to ask your white christian friends if they condemn the killing of innocent lives. You assume that. That benefit without a doubt not being applied to Muslims is arrogant and displays an air of superiority.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lol whut is this?

6. tallanvor

I don't ask anyone that question. I wouldn't ask it of anyone cause I would assume they do. Its not for my knowledge that the action be condemned publicly, its for the culprits. They are more likely to listen to the voice of a Muslim than an infidel. Nothing superior about it.

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Being called a caricature is not an insult.

8. fchowd0311

But you imply that Muslims need to publicly state their condemnation of terrorism. You don't physically perform the task but you obviously believe it must be done.

9. tallanvor

I don't understand your question. Do I malign Islam? of course. DO I think Muslims should? yes. Islamists will listen to them more than me. It has nothign to do with me thinking Christians or Jews are better than anyone.

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ISIS has killed more muslims in the last 5 years than any other armed force. Islamists listen to no one.

11. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

At least he won't be doing that any more.

1 person likes this.
  12. g1184

g1184 Member

The "where are the moderate Muslims, I don't see the moderate Muslims, how come moderate Muslims are so quiet" argument is pretty bogus:

Not even people in Sydney feel the need to create an us-vs-them fervor. I'm disappointed that it becomes such a prominent narrative here.

I am glad that the community in Australia is able to band together in troubling times, rather than using this event to divide themselves.

13. tallanvor

Again u fight strawmen. There is no us vs them argument

14. g1184

g1184 Member

I dominate your thoughts and control your emotions. :cool:

[​IMG]

Sit ATW, sit.

15. g1184

g1184 Member

You're not quoted below, so I understand why you say it's a straw-man argument. From what I've seen, most of these posts take something that is "good" and place them in opposition with Muslims, the Muslim community, or sympathizers. Maybe it's how I perceive them that gives me that impression:

Muslims vs. Australians (pretty clear cut):
    Left + Muslims vs. Australians (Muslim people in Australia, not Aussi Muslims):
    Muslims vs. world (people of Islam compared to people of the world):
    Muslims and sympathizers vs facts (the bold sentence turned out factually inaccurate):
    Hypothetical defenders and sympathizers vs. people who say he's a terrorist:

I understand acknowledging that the guy waved the flag and considered himself a Muslim, but the voice of the Islamic community is being muted. Did they actually accept him or not? Did they endorse his activities or not? Why do they have no choice in being grouped with this guy?

The guy's own personal history is being ignored as well:

There was one non-divisive post, which got no attention at all:

Maybe it's all just practices in looking.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The catholic church is known for one of the most heinous crimes you can commit, sexually abusing little boys. As you said earlier, its not one, not two, its numerous cases. There are so many more we don't even know about. Having said all that, do you think it would be appropriate for me to come out and say that I apologize for what numerous priests have done, with a sign and whatnot...holding the guilt and their sins over my shoulders? fchowd is on point, but as usual you reply to an argument without fully comprehending the other person's point. It became most apparent when you didn't even realize that that Faust idiot is pretty much taking your side.

1 person likes this.
  17. tallanvor

why would u apologize? you should condemn. Nobody has asked all Muslims to apologize for other Muslims.

more strawmen................

I seriously doubt u even read what i wrote as i already addressed your mistake twice.

18. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What a f***ing scumbag. Another reason to boycott his media empire.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Considering what he did to relatives of deceased British soldiers, this is a drop in the bucket.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This guy is a useless time waster. Other people have weird beliefs, post while taking positions they don't really stand for, argue passionately for stupid positions or whatever. This guy is nothing but a waste of space.