1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TODAY: Islamic terrorist takes hostages in Sydney, Australia.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Faust

Faust Member

well thats what they teach you in school so i guess your smarter than my teachers. america is a judeo christian nation who allows all other religions too as long as they uphold our laws. theres a reason that graph show the warmest feelings by americans to jews and christians and the coldest feeling for moslems and unbelievers.

2. Faust

Faust Member

all im saying most people i know want moslems to prove they are good people. we dont trust them. they need to apologize and protest about the actions of isis. if i saw moderates were protesting the way blacks do for their dead thugs ill definitely hear about it on the radio and see it on tv.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I call bull****.

4. Faust

Faust Member

[​IMG]

this proves that america doesnt like moslems. jews and christians are our most upstanding citizens so this also shows the values of our nation being judeo christian and why we support israel.

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you keep using Moslem? How old are you?

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Insulting?? Really?? Some of my best friends are Muslim, but it has everything to do with how their religion is perceived among the outside world...Right now, Islam is considered the most violent/harshest major religion in the world. Why is that? There are so many terrific individuals that I know that contribute to society and have religious and peaceful views on Islam and her teachings. But when a religion is so radicalized that it seemingly has the power to take over countries/ and other forms of government, corrupts the minds of young impressionable youth at alarming rates(ie. using social media), and dictates the way of life...you my friend have missed my point entirely. There are close to a billion Muslims in the world. My question is implied at getting activism among those who have forever been quiet. Not the agenda propagated in Syria and Iraq among crazy sociopaths. If you state that my comments are "insulting", you fail to see my intent: its a call to action(not words) among those who are considered moderates to CHANGE the world's view on Islam.

Queen Rania of Jordan states the very problem as a significant problem. Just not sure why there arent more like her...

7. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Mormons and muslims are just as upstanding as any other group on that list. Just because people hold prejudices doesn't mean they're correct.

8. tallanvor

US hate crime stats say jews are the most hated group by a large margin (2012 posted below, but 2013 is the same thing).

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-crime/2012/topic-pages/victims/victims_final

9. Faust

Faust Member

its how my books textbooks spelled the word and how america used to say the word. the teachers said muslim is the spelling used by islamic groups and their liberal sympathizers. now politically correct speech has replaced the spelling like sharia law has replaced the law in england and france. this is how is starts.

im almost about to be 30 and i go to community college so im not stupid if thats your getting at.

10. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

ahahahahahah

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I believe he is agreeing with you buddy:) Same logic applies with condemnation. Asking an individual to condemn terrorism out loud as if it wasn't obvious in the first place is patronizing and insulting. How do you not see that?

The default position for most humans is that the killing an terrorizing of innocent civilians is morally reprehensible. To question another individual about their beliefs on terrorism as something other than the default position is insulting.

#91 fchowd0311, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I considered that you may be in your 60s because moslem was the accepted spelling in the 1940s, not that you're stupid.

And liberalism and Islam are not compatible at all.

13. Faust

Faust Member

so your saying the pew people couldnt poll people accurately? i trust their numbers and that they asked normal people. and theres a fine line between prejudice and victims of criticism in denial that the world hates them just because. moslems like blacks think they are untrusted because people are racist or prejudice. no most people are not like that. we just see the same people do the same thing over and over again and ask what the pattern is.

14. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

My heartfelt condolences go out to the families that lost loved ones today at the hands of this radical...

A question that has to be asked is how was he even allowed on our streets & out on bail?

Accessory to murder & a string of sexual assaults isn't enough to hold a guy behind bars?

This is the same scumbag that was sending offensive letters to families of dead soldiers...

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/martin-plac...ified-as-man-haron-monis-20141215-127sxt.html

15. Faust

Faust Member

okay.

well most people who support moslems are usually liberals. you know the tree hugger free speech hippie type who wear glasses and smoke mar1juana. what they dont get is that the very people they try to protect will put them in a burka when they come to power. its like lambs protecting the wolves.

16. tallanvor

Cause its not. Telling Muslims that it would have a more profound affect if they maligned Islamists as opposed to others is neither insulting or patronizing (not sure u know what that word means) <--- this is patronizing.

17. Faust

Faust Member

its because you guys dont deport people. you see a moslem like this guy? send his ass back to saudia arabia where he'll be happy with his friends.

18. fchowd0311

Anyone on an online message board that uses community college as proper evidence of one's intellectual capability is either trolling hard or past the point of no return.

19. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

You're quite the caricature.

20. fchowd0311

Asking other Muslim individuals to condemn terrorism explicitly is showing an air of arrogance and superiority aka patronizing.