1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TODAY: Islamic terrorist takes hostages in Sydney, Australia.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Dec 14, 2014.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

How about for the acts of an Islamic nation? You can trade little girls for cattle in Iran.

When a Christian or Jew malign the acts of Islamists, Islamists ignore the criticism as the opinions of racists. If such maligning were to come from fellow Muslims, it would have a more profound affect. Muslims don't and as such these radical views spread more and more. You would think moderate Muslims would care, but they don't.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No you can't.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So what does that have to do with Muslim individuals? Do I need to apologize for my government performing torture on captured individuals who were innocent?

4. tallanvor

You jsut said:

' when a Muslim individual has to feel compelled to apologize for every act a fundamentalist performs.'

this is not a fundamentalist. ITs a whole nation.

If you actually feel this way (you would be incredibly ignorant to).

5. fchowd0311

Actually I was applying your logic, so no I don't feel this way.

6. tallanvor

then you didn't understand what i wrote.

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LATEST: 3 dead, including gunman, in Sydney siege, Australian authorities confirm <a href="http://t.co/Z2eeeyJZMg">http://t.co/Z2eeeyJZMg</a> <a href="http://t.co/OCgsm6J6Qu">pic.twitter.com/OCgsm6J6Qu</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/544564351735046145">December 15, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. fchowd0311

I don't think you understand what I wrote. I'm stating that to an individual, it might be considered insulting to ask them to explicitly condemn or apologize for the actions of another group or individual who they perceive as having nothing to do with them and to assume so would be considered insulting. You made a point that an entire national government performs egregious acts and Muslim individuals or other Iranians?(I honestly don't know who you are referring to) should apologize... I honestly don't know what point you are trying to make and have no clue why you mentioned Iran has made it legal for cattle and girls to be traded.

#68 fchowd0311, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

If anyone knows my post history, they know that I am critical of Islam to it's core ideology. However this whole "I don't see other Muslims condemning these terrorist acts" bull is all w**** ****.

10. Faust

Faust Member

how is that bs? are there any other history examples of silence from the moderates and letting the crazies speak for everyone? i mean examples besides islam. i have never heard of anyone being excused for not speaking up or for not apologizing except the moslem people.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're arguing with tall, so I wouldn't worry about it. The guy could make crap up and go back and forth with you all day if if came down to it. Good point on the previous page btw, never thought of it that way.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The problem is the defenders and sympathizers saying this guy isn't a terrorist. Guys like trustme who is on this BBS so has the entire world or information available to him.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

There are plenty of people that have been speaking out. As FB or someone else already pointed out, who do you think is being killed by ISIS more than anybody else? Who do you think is standing up to them? I read an article where muslim leaders from every nation got together and openly condemned them, saying they weren't true followers.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

He's a terrorist. Lets move on.

I don't think he's (trustme) a sympathizer, you are REALLY exaggerating with that point.

15. tallanvor

because you said Muslims feel no need to speak out against (nobody said apologize) every fundamentalist. Its not one fundamentalist. Its not 2. Its a massive nation. Multiple nations. You should feel the need to speak out against it to prevent it spreading.

16. Faust

Faust Member

umm every person i work with and in my family dont trust moslems. us asking them to apologize for the actions of isis is our nice way of saying prove your loyal to our country and willing to abide our judeo christian beliefs. its meant to be insulting but thats just politics. its funny but years ago moslems are to americans what black people used to be. they are the most untrusted group.

[​IMG]

17. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Christian beliefs. There is nothing Jewish about the Western lifestyle

18. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Iran is conducting bombing raids on ISIS.

19. Faust

Faust Member

alright lets say i buy that. when i hear the radio or watch tv ill see protests everywhere about that criminal that got killed in st louis. i think there all losers for supporting a thug but at least they came out on the streets, blocking traffic and holding signs. ive never heard or seen that about moderate moslems.

20. tallanvor

You and fchowd keep saying apologize when nobody else is. You are arguing with strawmen.