1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To win tonight, Chuck and Francis must be the keys.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caveman, Nov 26, 1999.

1. Caveman

Caveman Member

I think Rockets need to play pick'n'roll for Steve Francis and low post face-up drives for Chuck in order to beat Blazers. If they go to Hakeem, it will be a very long night for Rockets. Chuck needs to stay off foul trouble in defending Wallace. Carlos Rogers needs to play 3 spots and STARTING!

2. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Caveman,
    Obviously the Rocks lost tonight and didn't play Rogers the way you suggested. Kissof death was complaining about the last few minutes of the game when Bullard was in and guarding Steve Smith. If you were God and could change the past, what would you have done to change the situation. Would your line-up be:

C: Cato
    PF: Barkley
    SF: Rogers
    SG: Mobley (or Anderson or Drew)
    PG: Francis (or Mobley or Drew).

I think that we needed a three point threat at that juncture of the game. My line-up would have been:

C: Cato
    PF: Barkley
    SF: Rogers
    SG: Mobley
    PG: Francis

What would you change and why?

[This message has been edited by Pass 1st, shoot 2nd (edited November 27, 1999).]

3. Caveman

Caveman Member

I prefer the one with Anderson starting. "Cat" needs to come off the bench, he has more off the dribble offensive creativity than Anderson, (who is a smaller version of Pippen) in order to keep an floor leader with the second unit with players such as Drew, Bullard Wizard. The problem with "Cat" is that sometimes he act as if he is MJ or Kobe, and take some of shots that are still too difficult and too ill advised for him. But he will be a special player, who has already shown he won't back down at the big dance

------------------
    Rockets' biggest problem is not player talent levels, it is the coach's ineptitude.