1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To those who want to trade any part of our core: Why?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kholdphlames, Apr 6, 2013.

1. kholdphlames

kholdphlames Member

Well, I've never really thought of that before. But given that every team in the NBA has potential stars, I'd think what sets us apart is that we have found success even though we're young, inexperienced and newly strung together. I think that tells us we have a better chance of developing a star, unless of course our circumstances and success are dime a dozen in this league. Is there any team similar to us historically?

2. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

You can't just go off stat lines with Pippen and Parsons. Good player Parsons is but no where near the defender and ball handler Pippen was.

3. sergio

sergio Member

Asik, Parsons, Harden, Lin must stay together. Imagine these guys playing three to five years together. Chemistry is very important.

4. poing

poing Member

can we develop more stars? yes. is it guaranteed? no.

a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. if we can trade parts of our non-harden core to land a legit star that improves our team, it shouldn't even be a question.

5. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I'd like to keep everyone unless they're getting in the way of getting a star player here, then trade anyone but Harden.

Love or Howard would be so cool. Top 5 team in the west and we'd be one of the "it" teams and get some love on ESPN.

6. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Well... to be fair... Pippen, in his second year, was no where near the defender and ball handler he ultimately became. Needed a big kick up the behind from the Jordan too, to ultimately realize his potential.

7. Rocket_Man_2.0

I want to trade away the coach.:rolleyes:

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'll trade any part of our core not named Harden for the right player. (AKA Howard/Love)

9. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

IMO everyone except Harden is fair game for a trade. The 2nd most irreplaceable player would be Asik. There aren't a lot of centers in the NBA that I would trade him for. The centers that I WOULD trade him for are probably valued highly by his team.

3rd most irreplaceable player IMO is Parsons. Too versatile. The thing that makes him tradeable is that he plays the wing. The NBA is full of wings. He is a likely candidate to be involved in a big trade should one go down since his contract is soo damn moveable.

OK I'll probably get labeled as a fanboy or a hater with this one. 4th most irreplaceable player is Motiejunas! Remember the years after Yao when we desperately needed someone taller than 6'9"? Yeah, we finally have a 7-footer who isn't a brick on offense and I hope we don't let him go. Give him some time to bulk up and he'll be fine out there.

you've probably realized that I've ranked these players by how irreplaceable they are. As for Lin, the pg position is deep in the NBA. I mean, after we traded douglas, we filled the backup pg spot pretty easily by straight up signing 2 guys. So what I'm saying is that it is easier to find a pg of Lin's caliber than a star, defensive center, dynamic wing, and a skilled 7-footer.

Here, I present to you, my longest post on cf

10. Postcall

Postcall Member

Lol Harden>>>>>>Asik >Lin/Parsons
    only one superstar all the others can be replaced but I would trade them all for a superstar in a hot second

11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

The 2nd most irreplaceable player is Lin.

12. chen55

chen55 Member

As a LOF, I would say Lin is the only one in this team who has a championship heart. It's easier to develop the skills, but it's too hard to change your heart, that's why tmac kind of player will never be close to winning a championship.

1 person likes this.
  13. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Why do we keep looking at great player's second seasons when they sucked and comparing our players to them off that? "_ is the next _. Look how similar their stats are in the second season!" lol. You know who else was mediocre in their second season? Mediocre players.

Chandler and Scottie freaking Pippen lol. Lin and Tony Parker. Then we got guys on here saying we don't want Howard, we have Asik. Homerism for the win.

14. Postcall

Postcall Member

In my opinion they are all good but Lin,Parsons and Asik are not allstars yet and not close to top 10 Nba players overall. The 3 of them have a lot of potential and are all good but not great. I think we all agree that you only let them go if a superstar is available.

15. sean joh

sean joh Member

we don't need to trade any of our core. we can just sign another "star"
    what is cap space used for? signing players

16. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

thats never gonna happen to get one of them we at least need to chip in lin and parsons

17. jocar

jocar Member

Seyton spells it out pretty well here.
    There is a cap window that will close.

18. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

in the end asik will speak perfect english, like yao once did

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I would be game for trading away some developing core players for say Kevin Love, but not anyone like Josh Smith. I'd rather have 3 high potential power forwards than one who is likely at his ceiling.

20. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

tmac really wanted to win the champion ship
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD3u5ySb_DU
    just watch this