1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To those rejoicing over the news that Asik is staying...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

Why are you happy about the fact that Asik is staying (for now) ? He is still going to be a disgruntled center who is not giving it his all on the court. The whole team knows that Asik desperately tried to trade him as per Omer's request.

Not only that, but quite frankly, Asik needed to be traded to improve this team. As it stands, THE ROCKETS ARE NOT LEGIT TITLE CONTENDERS. They are contenders for sure, but not legit / in the same realm as Heat,Pacers,Thunder, and Spurs.

Asik was supposed to be used as a trade piece to get a better roster, and for now, that can't happen.

So, how is this good news now that the Rockets are stuck being a second round exit with this current roster?

2. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

1. This is totally new thread worthy
    2. He will give it his all
    3. He'll still be traded in a couple of months. The reason some of us are happy is because we didn't want **** back in return (see Bass & Lee).

2 people like this.
  3. bmd

bmd Member

Be patient, my friend.

The time was not right.

When the time comes, Morey will know. He will know....

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

You're saying the Rockets aren't legit contenders with Omer on the team. So what is your solution? Trade him for what? Apparently the best offer on the table was Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee.

Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee.

Omer will be here and we will reassess the situation at the deadline. Teams have obviously grown leery at the prospect of trading with Daryl Morey, and they lowballed us. Things happen, he's going to have to be a professional about it and play. That's what we gave him $25 million for.

1 person likes this.
  5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Screw that whiny ass fool... Trade Him...

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Disgruntled Asik > Thrilled Courtney Lee + Orgasmic Brandon Bass + Crappy Draft Pick

1 person likes this.
  7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

They were going to get crap for him. The possibly that he returns to form and/or plays his way into becoming a valuable asset again outweigh the certainty of trading him away for nothing.

True, it's a crappy situation, but at least the organization didn't hit the panic button and make a bad move.

8. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I must have missed the 1000+ post on Asik

9. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Asik certainly gave it all in the games before he got injured. Rewatch the SPurs game.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

I rejoice that we didn't simply trade Asik for Bass and Lee. Not that he's staying. I am content that he's staying. I would've preferred that he's somewhere else and either a legit player (like Millsap) or a legit pick (like a borderline lottery pick) is coming back.

But I am content that he's currently not in Boston with Lee and Bass coming to Houston.

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

Trading Asik won't make Rockets a contender either.

Trading Asik for bad contracts will kill any hope of Rockets being a contender for the next 3 years.

The good news is that Rockets still can hope Asik stays and behaves like a grown man.

12. Swishh

Swishh Member

Surely you don't really believe that, do you?

No, the Sixers were willing to give up Thad or Hawes, but Morey wanted a first round pick on top of that and the Sixers refused.

A straight up trade of Thad for Asik, at this point, seems good enough. I mean, i don't think the offers are getting better come February.

13. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

what a potato

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

More like a magic mushroom :grin:

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Just like some have said already.
    No deals is better than the suppose deal we had with the Cs.
    I didn't like the Bass and Courtney trade for Asik. Asik has more of an impact on defense than any of those guys. Especially against bigger teams that we have been trouble playing with or teams that have 2 bigs. I hope we see Asik play against the Pacers.

I still wouldn't be surprise if Asik got traded before the 20th but more likely February on the date line for the trades.

- hoping Asik wakes up and comes back to play for us w energy and effort. He is a great player when he gives his best effort.
    -and if Asik still wants out. He should show the league that they should be fighting for him and offer a better deal to get him. Morey will only move him if the right offer comes one that benefits us too and not just the team getting Asik.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

1. He is good at defense, our defense needs all the help it can get.

2. The crap we were rumored to get are players I wouldn't take for free.

17. Rox23

Rox23 Member

You people who think Asik will be traded in February :rolleyes:

First you thought he'd be traded over the summer, then for sure you thought by December; now for sure by February. Get over yourselves. He's staying.

18. Play07

Play07 Member

if asik buys in, all we need is a solid player that can play the 2&3 to help Garcia & I like our chances. Morey has all these guys to make it happen with.

Covington
    Brewer
    Canaan
    dmo
    Smith

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Never question the morey!

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Would add to this

Disgruntled Asik >