1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To the "its just 1 loss" crowd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dmo for 3mo, May 5, 2015.

1. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

What style? Act like a pick up game at the Y style? Yeah that won't work.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Lol Pump faking tough threes in exchange for tougher mid range jumpers totally contradicts our whole offensive concept.

I've noticed our players seem to forget that James is the source of our offense. Especially when Josh Smith is on the floor. The offense runs through Josh even with our best player on the floor. Smith's usage rate needs to be decreased a bit. I want him feeding off of Harden's double teams not vice versa because no one is doubling Smith in the first place.

Harden needs to look to score more in the paint especially when Deandre is out of the game. Josh is a good player but everyone (including dwight) needs to defer to James when he's on the floor. It's simple, when James isn't aggressive we normally LOSE!

4. rocketblood713

It's one loss but that loss was big for this team mentally now they have to steal one at LA HAVE TO

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

regardless to be able to go deep in the playoffs you have to be able to win on the road.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Bingo

[​IMG]

7. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

James Harden is a very talented player one sided player but his defense, effort and lack of concentration is STILL very disappointing. That is why the media does not pick the Rockets to win the championship because of lack of effort and consistency. You don't know WHICH Rockets team will show team.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

well we had a good run

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It was a disappointment for certain but I remember a Rockets team lead by the greatest Rocket of all time playing with similar effort in the first TWO home games of a best of seven series and still coming back to win. They won a little more after that too.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/history/lookingback_94finals.html

Moral of the story: even the historically great teams lay an egg every now and again. It's too early to panic.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm normally one who tries to find silver linings after losses. Typically I'd wake up this morning and say to myself, "It's only 1-0, we've been down before, we can come back". Not today. I feel how I felt after game 4 in 1998 against the Jazz when the entire team gave up after Barkley hurt his elbow. I knew we'd lose game 5 and Greg Ostertag proceeded to make Hakeem his b**** for a day and made Clyde Drexler smile.

I'm not going to predict a sweep because I imagine we may win game 2 if they wisely keep Paul out, but in no way, shape or form to I believe we have any shot of winning this series after that sad and embarrassing performance last night. And part of me doesn't want to win because the WCF may go down as the most lopsided conference finals of all-time.

1 person likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree with the OP. It sucks that we're already down 0-3 in this series and there's not a damn thing we can do about it! I can't believe we lost THREE games in ONE NIGHT!! :rolleyes:

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I didn't know playoff series were won after one game. IT'S ONLY ONE LOSS! RELAX!

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It is not just one loss. Just heard in the local radio guy in Vegas. Even though we are favored to win game 2 by 6.5, odds makers now give the Clippers a 81% chance of advancing to the conference finals. They don't believe the Rockets can win in LA, where they have lost 8 out of the last 9 road games to the Clippers.

Losing home court yesterday was huge, and if we lay another egg tomorrow, better start buying some fishing tackle. Urgh...

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

its not just one loss? how many games have been played in the series so far

15. watashi315

watashi315 Member

This basically sums up why we're f**ked...

16. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I wasn't upset about the loss, I was pissed because of the effort or lack there of. From the start of the game I was ticked with the TO and no one running back on D. Down by 5 in the 3rd quarter with 3 minutes or so left, I turned it off. Decided I would just wake up and see the results. I was really hoping they would turn it on, but I guess it only got worse. Smh (playoffs) Should not be questioning effort.

17. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

wth .. relax ... Chuck said we are still winning.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You are missing the point entirely. Smh...

19. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

We all saw. We are all upset at the effort. We want to see them fight and claw their way back and make it a battle until the end.

But it is just one loss...not sure why you target the "it's just one loss" crowd. Being down 1 game in a 7 game series means very little in terms of throwing in the towel and deeming it a lost season.

Get real

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

i get the point but ill wait til the series is officially over before i draw any final conclusions and beliefs about this team. tomorrow will show a lot about them as far as how they respond and if they come out with a victory. a great test to see if they can handle some adversity or not.