1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Steve Francis......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketKid, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Comprehensive stats my fren. Common you should know better than that. Make this your term paper and do a thorough research. Those virgin stats are just what they are....... barren!

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Will you get off Steve's back about kicking the ball in Utah. And this notion that Stephon is sooooooo much more mature than Francis is also ridiculous. This is the same guy whose former team went to the Finals after trading his sorry ass after making another trip to the lotto in btw his 5 season. This is only Steve's 4th season. How about this for intangibles, Francis 3, Marbury 1. I know it doesn't count for much now but I'm still happy we have Francis on this team.

3. sydmill

sydmill Member

Steve's 90 million $ contract starts next year, so if you want to blame the top payed player look at Glen or Cato.

4. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

LMAO! Kicking the ball into the satnds now makes you a thug??

Goddam I bet you're scared of your own shadow. Haaaaaaaaaa!

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

To RocketKid:
    [​IMG]<BR>^This could have been you (if this was SOCCER).

6. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

After the Utah game, one would think it was soccer......:rolleyes:

Which proves my point even more. Instead of just posting a meaning pic, why don't you actually say something? Otherwise, shut it.

7. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Come on Fengwu, atleast he provided more stats than you did. Prove HIM wrong. I don't think its baseless at all. Watching the games we definitely defer to Yao more. While it might be more beneficial to Yao's developement in the long run, it definitely hurted us more this season. If you want to bash guards for dribbling the ball too long, what about Yao getting the ball in the post and start looking around while doing nothing? Suns made their best player the focus of the offense and win. We try to diversify and become the Kings/ Mavs and fell on our faces. Its that clear.

8. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

The burden of proof is on Juugie, A-Train and co. Those stats are unacceptable because the don't tell us much. QED.

Without prejudice my username NOT feNgwu rather Fegwu. From your spelling you probably think I am Chinese or somewhere in Asia (not mean't to be negative in anyway).

9. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Please. A-Train provided plenty enough stats to back up his point. You obviously don't have a reply so you're gonna keep on saying "More stats, more stats, blah blah".

10. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

In my opinion- we are lucky to have Steve. He plays his heart out every nite. He is steady improving in my opinion.

You want to get rid of him- a mistake. You will get less than equal value. He has been a leader in a diplomatic way.

Remember when Hakeem had to carry the whole team??? We had a streaky point guard in Kenny Smith- who I have no respect for as a player. Rudy and the organization spent major resources after ' 97 to get a real point guard.

I wanted to cry watching Matt Maloney try guard Stephon Marbury. I never could tell if Brent Price could play because he was hurt all the time. Bryce Drew should not be in the NBA.

We finally have a special player - maybe not quite on the "franchise" level. Keep him at the point until we can get someone to distribute the ball.

We are very fortunate to have Francis.